Car SAT NAV on your bike

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
mobil1
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Car SAT NAV on your bike

Post by mobil1 »

I'm off to France for a ride next June and want to use my Garmin car sat nav but when on the move you can't hear what it says and looking at it is a pian and dangerous. So I'm going to try this out. Anyone else used it?

http://ridermount.com/latest_product_detail.asp?id=1
Play Safe! Play Hard!!
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by rob w »

Looks like a good idea and cheap as well but by just listening and not having a picture I'll probably get even more lost

I've got a new job in Bristol and when my new colleague who has lived there for 16 years got lost, I thought shit what chance am I going to have??!! So I'll need something!!
Mk1 Yam R1, Mk1 EXUP, Duc 916, Blackbird, Kaw Z1, Kaw Z1a, Triumph 900 Daytona & 60's T120 Bonneville (cafe racer with a tuned T140 motor) Aprilia Pegaso, VFR750, Honda XL1000 Varadero
banner001
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by banner001 »

i use mine with just a picture, no sound, and its fine, you just need to get into the habbit of seeing how far away your next turn off is and working out what your milleometer will say when you get there.

and even if you take a wrong turning you can either turn around, or take a minor detour...the satnav will still point you in the right direction :D
Metalface
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Metalface »

What he said. ^^^^ :nod:
If I have to understand, don't bother to explain.

Yoda wrote:Well mental bikes though, suits you sir.