Fangs "new" toy!!

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
dan83590
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by dan83590 »

I have removed the inlets before without removing the thermostat housing. It can be done.
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

dan83590 wrote:I have removed the inlets before without removing the thermostat housing. It can be done.
Ah, but I wanted to take the rad off so this was just extra incentive to do it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever!!!
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

Right then, got back out there and got the clutch plumbed in properly (temporary bolts to hold casing on, stainless ones waiting in the wings :D )

Finally fitted the ZX6 choke lever into the left hand switch gear

Then made a bracket to support the front brake reservoir

changed the bleed nipples, banjo bolts, caliper bolts and disc bolts for shiny new ones (not caliper bolts, but these are better than the shitty ones originally fitted)

Then bled them without too much hassle, will keep an eye on the bleed nipples as they do appear to be getting "damp" after about an hour of being dried.

Not too easy to see in the following photos, but I'll see what happens overnight.

Doesn't look too bad, all thats missing are mirrors, not sure about which way to go with these yet.

Then in preparation for the temp switch, and because I want to replace a couple of brackets on the rear, I took the radiator off.

Going to make a couple of dogleg brackets so the fan shroud sits a bit closer to the rad.

Now the rads not in a particularly nice state, and has no stone protection, so looking about the garage at stuff I've kept "just incase" I came across an old wire baking rack.

Which (once the legs had been spread a little) is a perfect fit for the rad.

So I just need to attach some mesh of some kind to it, make it look nice, and I have a makeshift rad guard until something better comes along. :D
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

Love the baking tray guard Fang!

The Subaru thermostat works really well for me and has done for over a year now. I prefer the fan coming on at a slightly lower temp than 105 in traffic. Nice compromise and a lot cheaper than the Yam part.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

When I fitted my blue spots and bled the brakes. There was a slight seepage on my nipples :blush: the same as yours are doing. I did put a post on here about it,but after more than a fortnight it did eventually stop. I put it down to excess fluid on the threads and some sort of capilliary(spelling??) action going on. :nod:

You'll be doing meals on wheels next with those baking trays fitted :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

Nuggitt, I came to the same conclusion that it is just the fluid left in the nipple seeping out by capillary action, as I dried them with a bit of tissue and all has remained dry.

:D

See below for quick O level art pictorial explanation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

For one moment there. :eek: :eek:

I thought they looked like one of those drawings you find on the back of toilet doors. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

nuggitt wrote:For one moment there. :eek: :eek:

I thought they looked like one of those drawings you find on the back of toilet doors. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:paranoid: :paranoid: dont know what you mean :paranoid: :paranoid:
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

Right then, did a little more on the fan mount front whilst I'm waiting for my temp switch to arrive from the USA as no-one over here seems to stock them anymore.

so, removed the old lower brackets, now why on earth would you make a custom bracket and then have to drill extra holes to make it fit, instead of making the bracket correctly in the first place!!

Anyway, recycled the remnants of the headlight brackets to make the new lower rad brackets.

Makes the shroud fit closer

A little bit of reshaping, a little bit of paint and we're sorted :D

Anyway with the rad off you can see the idea behind the electrical guard that I construted.

The only other small update is that I replaced the screws on the Dyna coils for stainless ones,

So thats it for now, next update should hopefully be more interesting :D
dieffe
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by dieffe »

You strike me as a person who likes to make things. Excellent :thumbsup:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

dieffe wrote:You strike me as a person who likes to make things. Excellent :thumbsup:
Yes he's not bad is he. :thumbsup:

Did you know he's my super hero :lol: :lol: That'll make him blush :blush:
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

dieffe wrote:You strike me as a person who likes to make things. Excellent :thumbsup:
Yep, it gives me a sense of ownership/achievement knowing that the bike has been built by my own hands (in a small way) plus its good fun, just got to get it insured next. :lol:

As someone on one of the Streetfighter forums has as their signature "Built not Bought"
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

nuggitt wrote:

Oi Nuggitt, I can have your Nips intercepted if you carry on with that malarkey :D
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

fang wrote:
nuggitt wrote:

Oi Nuggitt, I can have your Nips intercepted if you carry on with that malarkey :D
You leave my nips alone. You've had your hands all over them once, so make that do. :lol: :lol: :lol: :p
yzfpaul
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by yzfpaul »

that is the best thing about this forum

its not just the '' look what i bought from harris and bolted on ''

its look what i made :nod: