new frame

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
joe111
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

new frame

Post by joe111 »

picked up a steelheart frame for my fighter i believe it was someone on here who had it built originally
any way one happy bunny at the minute something i always wanted and will be stunning once i build it :D

you cant polish a turd, but you can buy some shiny shit
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

that belonged to Andy (scarbiker)

Glad someone around here is going to finish the project.
i'll dig the original post out for you when I get 5 mins :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
bigun
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by bigun »

iv'e got the engine out of it all up and running now
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

did you buy the engine with the supercharger and is it fitted and working???
AKA Bald headed b'stard
joe111
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by joe111 »

id be interested to hear how you get on with the 1125 motor the liners must be really thin judging by the spacer plate i have here.
bigun
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by bigun »

just the engine not the supercharger didn't see the point its up and running just had it dyno on thursday it putting out 150 at the back and just over 80 lb of torque could get more ponys out of it by adjusting the cam timing but the dyno sheet is ni on perfect i meen its a straight line at 45 degrees and make 80 lb of torque from 4.5 grand cant wait for half decent weather
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Re: new frame

Post by fang »

joe111 wrote:picked up a steelheart frame for my fighter i believe it was someone on here who had it built originally
any way one happy bunny at the minute something i always wanted and will be stunning once i build it :D

I saw that on eBay and thought about bidding, but didn't want to explain to Lisa why it cost the same as the FZ yet all I had was a frame.
:D

It does look good though!
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever!!!
joe111
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by joe111 »

how much was it on ebay for?
bigun
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by bigun »

only one problem is getting the standard fzr engine to fit that frame it wont go straight in
joe111
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by joe111 »

bigun wrote:only one problem is getting the standard fzr engine to fit that frame it wont go straight in
ive just put a spare engine i have in to check,It went straight in with the spacers provided,
obviously till i get a swingarm in i cant check chain run but it fits like a glove
and looks right.
ill post pics when i get chance.
bigun
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by bigun »

thats good then reason i said that was i struggled to get the engine in a standard frame because of the lower gasket in the engine had to be removed to raise the compression but thats good it fitted best of luck
joe111
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by joe111 »

after spending a bit more time on it the only problem i've got is the side stand section dont line up with both mounting holes so the bottom end mounting holes and oil cooler lines will need modifying no real hard ship ill put a braided cooler line on and open the front lower hole out a couple mill and fix a small strengthening bracket to the engine.
joe111
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by joe111 »

well not had time to do anything with this for ages but spare engine is in. I stripped my exup fighter so swingarm stole for this project and front end will fit just need to modify the yoke stem slightly so the bearings seat properly.

Then once I have fitted the rad it will go off for the turbo install.

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

That arm REALLY suits that frame IMHO. I recon Andy would have had problems keeping the front on the deck if hed finished the project with the intended engine and the arm that it had originally...especially with the charger fitted :evil:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
joe111
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by joe111 »

I was going to try and fit a charger but the amount of work is unreal theres not a lot of meat on the end of the crank to drive a charger off so opted for a turbo instead