Found this Practical Sports bike FB page

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
dan83590
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by dan83590 »

Fuckers! A very similar thing happened to a good friend. Car crash, long coma, a list of operations, his life will never be the same. And also completely fucked over by the services that should have helped.

I have copied that to various forums.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Teego »

This is going viral. I'm no fan of Hastings but I don't always believe what I read in the papers.
Keep on keepin' on.
dan83590
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by dan83590 »

Agreed. There are always two sides to a story.

But...

Vehicle insurance companies seriously need to wake up. Prices are through the roof. They blame us, but look into the trade a bit deeper and you will see that insurance companies 'self fuel' the price hikes by selling our claim details to no win no fee cnuts. A mate of mine has worked in vehicle insurance for many years and his tales open your eyes wide.

Would vehicle insurance be so high if it were not compulsory?
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

I know an old guy who drives big old mercs and lexus's he loves them. he has has about 5 lexi and 2 big old mercs in the the last few years. he rang his insurance just to tell them that someone had bumped his car parked outside his house and drove off but it wasnt that bad that he wanted to claim but it says on his policy that he was to inform them of anything like this.

They loaded him and extra 270 quid on his renewal for reporting the accident.

:rolleyes:

In the last 2 years I have found insurances are just taking the piss out of everyone and getting away with it. Mrs joeboy was a named driver on my car and another lady driver changed lanes and hit our car. We were payed out and it was settled as her fault, we got loaded 57 quid for a no fault accident this year.

I think its about time some kind of governing body looked into this piss take and made them tow the line and stop making it up as they go along.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by rob w »

Mobil1 firstly I hope your fit and well, f**k me that's a story and a half

In the early 90's I really crumpled up an exup and rebuilt it myself, I did the same a couple of years later with a zzr11, the stealer said it was 4k of damage!! I did for less than a grand, but you didn't even get the choice!!!

I have never made a claim I always new they would f**k you over but your story is amazing!!! Hastings will never get my business
Mk1 Yam R1, Mk1 EXUP, Duc 916, Blackbird, Kaw Z1, Kaw Z1a, Triumph 900 Daytona & 60's T120 Bonneville (cafe racer with a tuned T140 motor) Aprilia Pegaso, VFR750, Honda XL1000 Varadero
Crazy L
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Crazy L »

Truely shocking mush. Point taken. Hastings Direct :finger:
Crazy L, The Original since 1976
Answer RC
Sworkz
barrybiker
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by barrybiker »

i will tell many people to stay away from this company after reading this ....sorry for your trouble and hope it dosent happen to another biker again in the future
motomallen
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by motomallen »

Bloody hell that's awful. I wont ever be using them, thanks for the heads-up.
For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.
Mike1000
Technician
Technician

Post by Mike1000 »

Thanks for the heads up - I wont be using them - Ever!!!

I used to be with MCE, I and a friend of mine have both experienced there awful customer services after he had a accident, I ended my policy because they doubled my premium, refused to insure my mods to my ZX12R despite doing it the year before, changing my policy and not informing me and removing funds from my account unlawfully.

My mates story involves them lying, conveniently losing recordings that prove them wrong, unlawfully removing funds from his account and generally not having a clue what they are on about - Don't touch them, f**king useless!
Back on an Ace after a 6 year absence!

Still got my ZX12R though - Facebook search Kawasaki zx12r owners club uk.