nearly finished!

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

nearly finished!

Post by rob w »

My 1990 exup is nearly finished

It wasn't bad when I bought it, I could see through the grime

Stoved wheels
New mirrors, chain, sprockets
Painted fairing, disc centres, side stand, sprocket carriers and other bits and bobs etc.
Loads of stainless fasteners
Loads of polishing/buffing and elbow grease

Being as e-savvy as a toad I have tried this imageshack lark who knows if it'll work!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mk1 Yam R1, Mk1 EXUP, Duc 916, Blackbird, Kaw Z1, Kaw Z1a, Triumph 900 Daytona & 60's T120 Bonneville (cafe racer with a tuned T140 motor) Aprilia Pegaso, VFR750, Honda XL1000 Varadero
Metalface
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Metalface »

Very nice. :nod:
If I have to understand, don't bother to explain.

Yoda wrote:Well mental bikes though, suits you sir.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

oooh I do like that :whistle:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by rob w »

cheers lads, i had a couple in the early 90's and was fearfull that with rose coloured tints it might not be as good as I remembered, it's no R1 but it is still bloody good.

It's got jack up bones, bought some of ebay (yours I think) but it already had them!
Just the v peice to fit, still at painters

A couple of my others (yes I'm a lucky b@st@rd)

Mk1 Yam R1, Mk1 EXUP, Duc 916, Blackbird, Kaw Z1, Kaw Z1a, Triumph 900 Daytona & 60's T120 Bonneville (cafe racer with a tuned T140 motor) Aprilia Pegaso, VFR750, Honda XL1000 Varadero
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

That is a minter. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Are you sure you've done all the work? I think you've been to Yamaha in Japan on an open day vip visit and you spotted a very old dusty box in the far corner of the warehouse. You said to mr Yamaha what's in that box then? He replys, oh it's one of those old dinosaurs we used to knock out in the late 80s/90s. Why do you want it? To be honest you'd be doing us all a favour by getting it out of the way, because we need that space.

Obviously you said yes and here it is now on this forum.

And yes you are a jammy B*****D and I hate you :p :p :p :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by rob w »

Nice one :lol:
sometimes times you have to look far and wide to find the right bike but much as I fancy it not that far, mind you I've just driven nearly 600 mile for a sidecar!
fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

rob w wrote:Nice one :lol:
sometimes times you have to look far and wide to find the right bike but much as I fancy it not that far, mind you I've just driven nearly 600 mile for a sidecar!
I hope thats a racing sidecar outfit, and not a sidecar to attach to the Exup!! :eek:

Nice bikes by the way ya Jammy F****r :finger: :D :D :D
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever!!!
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by rob w »

It'a 4 seater sidecar!! I've got 4 kids

No not the exup, maybe the blackbird or the Z1R haven't made my mind up, the guy I bought it off had it on a wing but like a Harley a wing is something I've always said I wouldn't buy, however!!! just a minute a need a word with myself
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by rob w »

Sidecar will look good colour matched!

fang
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Post by fang »

Didn't see your signature listing your collection until just now!!

I would like to re-evaluate my "Jammy F****r"

and change it too "Complete and utter Jammy F****r" :lol: :lol: :lol:

not too jealous :crybaby:

Welcome to the madhouse and forget buying a pint, I'll have a Barrel of Woodfords Nelson's Revenge please :D
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever!!!
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by rob w »

Ye I know I'm a lucky f@@@er

Always loved 70's and 90's bikes but not that keen on 80's or 00's bikes, well early 80's, styling goes in cycles

My other z's

nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Now you're starting to get up my nose. :p :p :crybaby: :crybaby: :lol: :lol:

Hey fang not only has he a fleet of bikes to die for but he's also got a efffin great camper van parked on the drive way. :eek: :eek:

Some folk make ya sick don't they? :puke: :puke: :puke:

I'm not a bit jealous honest!! :p :p
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
roadrunner
Factory Rider
Factory Rider

Post by roadrunner »

Got to agree with everyone! It sure looks a good job you've done there rob w. I personally think it's in the best colour,a very good machine indeed.
Mine is an '89 EXUP in the same colours as yours but the graphics are a different style

Mike.
With age comes wisdom.......and senility!!! Who are you again?
rob w
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by rob w »

Cheers Mike, I would have prefered an 89 in Yam speed bars like yours but this one came up close to home

Nuggitt, sorry mate!! the effin great camper is a dethleffs 7871 6 wheeler, the business, even room for a bike in the garage at the back
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I bet if you fell into a barrel of apples you'd come out sucking a pair of tits. :unibrow:

Some guys have all the luck :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: