My Genesis

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
Vagabond
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by Vagabond »

Suppose this should really be in the workshop section, but after Lurchs comment about the YZF750 adding extra bhp I looked at the technical data and compared the cam sizing for FZR, Thunderace and YFZ750.

Lobe height for intake cam

FZR 7.50 - 7.70
TA 7.45 - 7.65
750 7.55 - 7.75

The exhaust cam lobes on the TA and FZR are identical at 7.75 - 7.95

and the 750 exhaust cam lobe is 7.95 - 8.15

Clearly the YZF750 has a higher lift on intake and exhaust.

But what was the reason for putting a lower lift on the Thunderace?

I'd have thought bigger was better!
1989 FZR1000R
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

maybe its duration that's different aswell :paranoid:
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
parappadog
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by parappadog »

mels genesis wrote:
itsnotagenesis wrote:Nice but I think the hugger spoils it a bit

I do agree but i needed something for the mot as i didnt have a chainguard.

Now for the good bit Coming very soon is a fresh rear end i have a 2005 r1 swingarm and rear wheel which i have done my homework and is going to fit very nice in the genny frame this will make all the difference in the look. It is 2" longer than the exup arm but i think its going to help with the stability of the bike as at the moment the wheelbase is very short. When i put the genny next to my zx6r the zx looked slightly bigger lol this genny looks like a 600 very small for a 1k bike. I keep you posted on the progress of the rear end as im not fitting it untill ive worn out the rear tyre i am then going to fit a pair of pirrelli super corsas.

Thanks for all the good comments i am glad you all like it altho i am very proud of the endish result (never ending project) Underseat exhaust is a possability as the r1 swingarm has room to route 1 maybe later in the year.

MAYBE FUEL INJECTING ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS MOD GUYS (ive done some homework on this)

1 last thing i would like to get hold of some high lift cams does anybody have any knowledge on the availability of these or is there any difference in the Exup cams ie lift and duration any info on these would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Melvin
You dont need a chainguard or a hugger fitted for the MOT.. :nod:
Spending all my money on toys and then trying to find the time to ride em all.. I need a BIGGER garage..
Metalface

Post by Metalface »

I thought you needed a chain guard. :nod:
If I have to understand, don't bother to explain.

Yoda wrote:Well mental bikes though, suits you sir.
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

I also was told that you need a chain guard fitted for it to pass an MOT.
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

my fighter passes every year without one or even an advise.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
mels genesis
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by mels genesis »

lurch wrote:Fit some YZF750 cams - they worked for me - added another 10/12hp immediately!
Thanks for the info lurch its looking like its gunna be a set of 750 cams then and prob go for 98 R1 carbs as im thinking of nitrous too (only 50bhp of gas tho) dnt want meltdown lol
I find it hard to spend money on anything but the bikes lol
Flipper
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by Flipper »

joeboy wrote:my fighter passes every year without one or even an advise.
Was doing my monthly MOT today and noticed that 'chainguard mising' is in the "non tested components" advisory list
mels genesis
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by mels genesis »

Flipper wrote:
joeboy wrote:my fighter passes every year without one or even an advise.
Was doing my monthly MOT today and noticed that 'chainguard mising' is in the "non tested components" advisory list
Cheers for that flipper. Still its good to have chain guard to stop the chainlube flying everywhere :rolleyes:
Metalface

Post by Metalface »

Its good to have a chain guard to stop the chain taking your pillions foot off if it snaps, I wouldn't use a bike without one. :nod:
If I have to understand, don't bother to explain.

Yoda wrote:Well mental bikes though, suits you sir.
mels genesis
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by mels genesis »

Metalface wrote:Its good to have a chain guard to stop the chain taking your pillions foot off if it snaps, I wouldn't use a bike without one. :nod:
I favour using my bike without a pillion :lol:
Flipper
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by Flipper »

mels genesis wrote:
Metalface wrote:Its good to have a chain guard to stop the chain taking your pillions foot off if it snaps, I wouldn't use a bike without one. :nod:
I favour using my bike without a pillion :lol:
Except perhaps your "good boy bike" lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

As far as I remember, if you take a pillion you need to have a chain guard fitted. I was stopped by a stupid plod while out on my dirt bike a few months ago. He was adament that I should have one fitted, even though the bike's an enduro race bike, without any provision for a passenger. I stuck to my guns, even though said stupid plod wanted to give me a rectification ticket. In the end I said that I had the right to arrange a time & a place for the bike to be presented at a MoT station for it to be tested. Said stupid plod's boss came down as well, as they wouldn't back down. The look on stupid plod's face when the MoT tester said that a chainguard didn't need to be fitted if you don't take a passenger was one to be seen.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
mels genesis
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by mels genesis »

YAMAEXUP wrote:As far as I remember, if you take a pillion you need to have a chain guard fitted. I was stopped by a stupid plod while out on my dirt bike a few months ago. He was adament that I should have one fitted, even though the bike's an enduro race bike, without any provision for a passenger. I stuck to my guns, even though said stupid plod wanted to give me a rectification ticket. In the end I said that I had the right to arrange a time & a place for the bike to be presented at a MoT station for it to be tested. Said stupid plod's boss came down as well, as they wouldn't back down. The look on stupid plod's face when the MoT tester said that a chainguard didn't need to be fitted if you don't take a passenger was one to be seen.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dont you just love it when they get it wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

I love things like that, my mate had a yankee car years ago and had a head light out. The copper pointed to me and said come here. I got out and argued with him that my headlight wast out, he was pointing at the light out and gettng more angry saying it was, look. I said but this isnt my car, he then started saying oh! I see whos car is it then I said the drivers who is sat in it, its left hand drive. Sooo funny.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!: