NOT RECOMENDED!!

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
Graz
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

NOT RECOMENDED!!

Post by Graz »

i purchased a reg rec for my hornet add says 02 -08 models pluged it in and it blew my stater solenoid to bits :mad:
offending item
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

just thought idd let you guys know as some of you may have old hondas :ninja:
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

I am not too sure how it could do that? Do you mean your starter solenoid or your stator plate windings?
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Graz
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by Graz »

starter solenoid mate. I reckon the reg rec they sent is just directly shorting the bike out. Ive replaced the solenoid and put my old reg on and its running fine other than low voltage output above idle.
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Thats weird as the starter soleniod is only powered when you hit the button, I dont think the regulator has any connections to it, but electrics cant be a funny thing sometimes. Also it is a h*nda so you never know. :ninja: :)
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Graz
Gift of the Gab
Gift of the Gab

Post by Graz »

sorry starter relay not solonoid. it blew the fuse holder 30 amp so it was useless.