The Exup's a pleasure to work on...

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

The Exup's a pleasure to work on...

Post by YAMAEXUP »

On Monday the missus suggested that we go down to see my mum as it was due to be her birthday on Wednesday...& why don't we go down on the bike.

Luckily I have a spare set of wheels with some sport/touring tyres on them, so I thought i'd change them over...

But I didn't like the EBC disc that I had on the spare back wheel so I changed it over for the new Braking disc that I had ready for another spare wheel...

But I couldn't get the front wheel off using the stand that goes under the forks so I had to stay with the sport front...must get that Harris stand sorted...

In the end we had an excellent ride down to Chichester down via the twisties to see our eldest daughter, then along the coast to see me mum at Lancing, then back onto the A27 to see my brother in Peacehaven. After a cuppa tea & fish'n'chips we came home via Lewes, Halland, Mark Cross, Tunbridge Wells & up the A21/M25/A2. 205 miles in comfort...but I couldn't have done the same journey on the R1 when two up...that would have been murder.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
Vagabond
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by Vagabond »

Why could you not get the front wheel off?

I've the exact same front paddock stand and can get mine off ok.

Granted I'd prefer one that goes under the head stock!

Is your rear disc going spare then? :D I've a set of wheels that I want to set up with touring tyres too, tho have no discs yet
1989 FZR1000R
lurch
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by lurch »

Days like that Yamaexup make owning a bike even better, the more miles you can put on her and the more useful you make her the better the experience.
It's good riding up that way, East/West Sussex and Kent are really nice counties when the traffic is quiet.
Something clever goes here but I can't be bothered!
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

lurch wrote:Days like that Yamaexup make owning a bike even better, the more miles you can put on her and the more useful you make her the better the experience.
It's good riding up that way, East/West Sussex and Kent are really nice counties when the traffic is quiet.
This is one of the reasons why I decided to keep the bike. Riding two up on the Exup is so effortless...for me anyway. The missus is not too tall, but when she got off the back of the bike when we got home she was aching because of the height of the pillion footpegs. But I was fine, which reminds me of the first time that I went down to the Bol d'Or at the old Paul Ricard circuit...& did the journey in one go...only 890 miles. But what a ride, down through the Ardeche valley via Le Puy.

www.blood.co.uk
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Vagabond wrote:
Is your rear disc going spare then? :D I've a set of wheels that I want to set up with touring tyres too, tho have no discs yet
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-FZR-400-60 ... ycle_Parts

Just found this...doubt if it would sell for 99p though...

www.blood.co.uk
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

YAMAEXUP wrote:
Vagabond wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-FZR-400-60 ... ycle_Parts

Just found this...doubt if it would sell for 99p though...
It wont now mate not now you've brought attention to it :lol: :lol:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.