Stanley 1/4 drive socket set.

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Stanley 1/4 drive socket set.

Post by joeboy »

Ive always like stanley stuff, its very good quality but not so bad on price. Ive had some of my stanley tools for over 20 years and there still spot on.
Anyway i found this and had to have one, it came today and as i thought its spot on, the ratchet is worth the money alone.

works out 11 quid odd with postage but a very good service they even text your mobile and tell you its on its way, you can text back to change the delivery date if you wish.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-9606.aspx
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Rutz

Post by Rutz »

I always use the flat drive type myself
The EXUP stickered zimmer frame is mine and I aint got no friends
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Yeah ive seen flat drive and flank drive sockets about but done have any bother with the ordinary ones if there good quality.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Rutz

Post by Rutz »

trouble is the bolts can be inferior esp on jap bikes and flat drive work on the sides so if a bolts rounded they'll still undo them :nod:
The EXUP stickered zimmer frame is mine and I aint got no friends
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

If its not moving or it feels like its going to round I find a good chisel on the edge will start them turning nicely.. :D
GOVERNMENT WARNING!: