Motrax KwikCam

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
bikerman90
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Motrax KwikCam

Post by bikerman90 »

Got one of these for my birthday on sunday, had a quick play with it, easy to use, mounts on bike via velcro or elastic strap for mounting on helmet, small camera and then a little battery pack for 3x AAA batterys, very good quality video aswell, will show when i can get it to upload to imageshack. will be getting proper test at cadwell saturday afternoon :D
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, coz Chuck Norris only recognizes the element of surprise.
bikerman90
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by bikerman90 »

small bit of footage from said KwikCam :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0AeTkrcXAk
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, coz Chuck Norris only recognizes the element of surprise.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

That's good quality...my helmet cam goes all pixelated when you go too fast.

But be warned. I was leading a group one Sunday & the bloke at the back had an accident & died. One of the questions that I was asked was if I had a camera...'yes of course I have' was my answer. 'Where on the bike is it?'...asked plod. 'It's not on the bike...it's in my pocket!' I think that they wanted to see any footage that I had in case they could use it as evidence against me, even though the cause of the fatality was nothing to do with speed.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

You have to be aware that the plod watch utube and scan the net for videos of people doing speed and wheelies and stuff so they can nail you.

They love all this kind of stuff because they dont even have to get off their arses to get evidence.

Be careful. :nod:
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
mobil1
Considerably Faster than Yeow!
Considerably Faster than Yeow!

Post by mobil1 »

Good quality footage chap. You can see the pot holes too. They look as bad there as they do in Guildford. :eek:
Play Safe! Play Hard!!
bikerman90
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by bikerman90 »

thats the only piece of footage going on the tube as i couldn't get it to load up on imageshack.

that road used to be so nice, now its bumpy as hell :(

i had it mounted via the elasticated strap on my helmet but my frosted screen kept getting in the way and you could see the speedo so now it will be attached to the front of the bike via velcro as it was in the clip, much clearer and less bumpy plus you get the feel of the corners :D

Roll on track evening at cadwell on saturday :D :D :ninja: