Newbie - sort of!

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
lurch
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by lurch »

How many posts do you need Stig? 5 is it?

If so I'll post something up tomorrow night when I get some more pics!
Something clever goes here but I can't be bothered!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

no restrictions....first post can be a pic if you so wish :nod:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
lurch
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by lurch »

Here's a piccy, she's got a 91 EXUP engine in just for the build but the Genesis motor has gold casings and covers to match the wheels.
lurch
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by lurch »

Thought that might happen - too much to do for now so I'll have to leave it for another day! (can't be bothered with more puter bollox)
Rutz
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by Rutz »

Stig wrote:no restrictions....first post can be a pic if you so wish :nod:
If its a chunderace pic its 500 posts first :D
The EXUP stickered zimmer frame is mine and I aint got no friends
lurch
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by lurch »

oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

lurch wrote:Jack Daniels - very popular tipple these days Renegade, I'd better stay on the gay non alcoholic juice this evening as I'm working.

Mods Oldskoolexup - too many but here goes:

Engine; Genesis crank - knife edged and balanced, Thunderace Rods, Je 1070 pistons, GSXR1100 liners bored and decked for the FZR (machined out barrels), Roger Upperton Gasflow and port on a 91 EXUP head, FCR39's for torque and midrange. Kent Fast Road cams, Full Akropovic SS system, Modded clutch basket AKA YZF750 but stronger, all controlled by a Dyna2000 ignition and working off Dyna coils and leads.

Chassis; Thunderace Swingarm, EXUP Ohlins rear shock, brembo caliper, modded swinger - no torque arm and SS axle machined by my mate. Up front are Ohlins FG43's with Brembo Goldline calipers and mastercylinder. Custom yolks by me and a mate, Brembo 5 spoke wheels, Genesis beam frame, subbies now with Neil, carbon rear subframe with a custom R1 style seat unit in carbon & Kevlar. New loom coz the old one was crap

It weighs 392lbs dry and has a wheelbase about 3/4" longer than the current R1. If the motor holds together it's gonna be one scary bike to ride, but best made plans etc... it might just go bang as the conrods make a bid for freedom - who knows????
Can't wait to see end result!!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
lurch
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by lurch »

A small update - have got all the gaskets together from the states - a Wiseco head gasket for the 1070, the APE EXUP studs That C5XUP sent me were spot on for the EXUP but the Genesis needed too much machining for them to fit (they are up for grabs - unmolested if anyone needs them), so I asked a mate who is a great engineer to machine me up a set that went from an M9 base then tapered to an M10 for the head. He got hold of some proper hard bastard stuff that has lead and sulphur in to aid machining.

The Squish is being checked as we speak and with any luck the motor will be back in the bike in two weeks time. I then have 4 weeks to complete the build and finish fabricating the airbox and exhaust link pipe in time for the Bulldog Bash. Had to buy a YZF clutch master to operate the clutch cos the 12mm Brembo item was useless in terms of volume movement.
lurch
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by lurch »

Engines together - gonna put it in the bike today - looks beautiful - seams a shame to hide it away behind the frame!!! Gotta build an airbox next, and it's quite a complicated shape so it's gonna take time to fabricate it. The tank forms the top part of the airbox but it's designing a shape that can fit around the barbs, electrics, cables and fuel lines etc....