12v impact gun

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

12v impact gun

Post by joeboy »

I bought one of these as it was the cheapest and quickest way to get the variator and magneto off our scooter.

I must admit its the best bit of kit ive bought in ages, i find i use it all the time..wheel nuts, rusted up and stubborn nuts it just either snaps them in one go or gets them off no messing.

It saves sweating with a strong arm bar any day..

It sort of spins up then WHACK cracks the nut off..the same for tightening up, should be a dodle doing my forks seals soon.

Comes in case with adaptor with croc clips for clipping onto your battery.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

just dont use it to tighten up the variator nut...it'll weaken the crank end and it'll snap off in time :nod: already seen 2 go like that :D

even on the low setting they're a bit of an overkill
AKA Bald headed b'stard
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Mine hasnt got a low setting... :evil:
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
gary
Test Rider
Test Rider

Post by gary »

so how much was it and from where?
gary
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Did my fork seals today and changed one of my stanchions while i was there this tool was amazing...top of forks...WHACK straight off...bottom of forks did the same..all back together and pain free...

Bloody fork oil is messy though..will be doing it outside next time.

I have to admit this tool made the job so much easier..3 hours start to finish with time to clean everything and took my time too.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!: