Rear axle blocks...

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Rear axle blocks...

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Has anybody ever got the rear axle blocks mixed up? I thought that they were the same, until I put them together on the axle & then noticed that they were differant. I measured from the axle hole to each end of the block & found that one of them was longer than the other one, with the possibility of allowing the back wheel to be adjusted out of alignment if installed incorrectly.

In the end I stamped one as 'L' & the other as 'R' & then drilled the end of the block that wouldn't face onto the adjuster bolt so's I couldn't get them mixed up again.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

I always leave the nut washer split pin and block on one side of the bike and the axle with the block on on the other side so ive never come across this.
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
plodder

Post by plodder »

Mine are marked L&R on the back. If you rotate them there's no guarantee that they will line up.
parappadog
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by parappadog »

joeboy wrote:I always leave the nut washer split pin and block on one side of the bike and the axle with the block on on the other side so ive never come across this.
I do that too :nod:
Spending all my money on toys and then trying to find the time to ride em all.. I need a BIGGER garage..
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

mine have been marked over time where the adjusters catch the block so theres no chance of getting them mixed up
AKA Bald headed b'stard