Luggage

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Luggage

Post by YAMAEXUP »

Don't know if anyone has posted this before, but when I want to bungy some gear onto the back of the Exup or the R1, it's not always a good idea to use the plastic bodywork. Some bike makers like Suzuki have designed in some hooks into the pillion pegs, but not on the Yams. So years ago when I was going to the Dutch TT on the Exup I noticed that the pillion footpegs have got a moulding on the underside of the peg, that if you drill through this bit it comes out with a hardly noticeable hole on the top of the peg. This is ideal for the bungy hooks if drilled to the right size.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
RENEGADE
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by RENEGADE »

photos please,
i had some lugs welded onto rearsubframe then powdercoated,just for luggage,and now had a special back rack made just waiting for it to come back from painters
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

I'm not sure what size drill it was that I used, but it was big enough for the bungy hook to pass through with plenty of clearance...works a treat.

www.blood.co.uk
RENEGADE
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by RENEGADE »

cheers for that........................
Alanyzf
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Alanyzf »

I'm planning on a road trip with the bike a the end of may to Amsterdam and this will be my first real long distance road trip on a bike and i need to get some luggage like panniers and tail and tank bags. I already have a rentec grab rail thing and wondering if anyone has some kicking around maybe or some recconmendations for decent ones.

Cheers
Alan
93yzf750
RENEGADE
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by RENEGADE »

loads on market,i use oxford stuff ,tank bag,extra large ,side panniers as they fold down,and barrell bag on rear,they do a square bag that is good goes behind rider if on own ,but may sit well on rentac rack,
sin city great place,make sure your bike is well secured there...thats all i will say,
brilliant roads.
RENEGADE
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by RENEGADE »

loads on market,i use oxford stuff ,tank bag,extra large ,side panniers as they fold down,and barrell bag on rear,they do a square bag that is good goes behind rider if on own ,but may sit well on rentac rack,
sin city great place,make sure your bike is well secured there...thats all i will say,
brilliant roads.
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

+1 on the Oxford stuff...a friend gave me this gear as he had to give up biking & it's been put to good use...

www.blood.co.uk