EXup Cartridge Fork Emulators (CFE)

Here's your chance to tell us about the best (and worst!) bits of biking kit or accessories you've bought. Real-world reviews from real riders!
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

EXup Cartridge Fork Emulators (CFE)

Post by YAMAEXUP »

http://www.racetech.com/images/FEGV2page6L.jpg

I got a set of these from the USA for the front end of my Exup (Pre-Ru) when I had them apart for a refurb. They work a treat when mated up with a set of Ohlins fork springs.The main thing is to drill out the damping rods so that all of the compression damping is controlled by the CFE.I settled on 12.5 weight Ohlins fork oil (bottle of 10w and 15w mixed in a jug) as the 10w was too light and the 15w too heavy.

One drawback is having to drag the emulators out to adjust them to my requirements,but I only needed to do this twice before settling on a setting for both.

They sit on top of the damper rods and are held in place by the fork springs.

Anybody needing the more infinite adjustment of the later Pre-Ru fork spring adjusters will find that they also fit the first exup forks that have stepped pre-load adjusters.These are of a good enough quality ally that can be nicely anodised with a good lasting finish.I did the fork tops in red and the adjusters in blue,just for a bit of contrast.

I have some piccies somewhere...i'll dig them out and post them.
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk
YAMAEXUP
Commentary Team
Commentary Team

Post by YAMAEXUP »

This is how they fit into the forks...
and this is the mod to the damper rods...

After playing with the settings i've got them just nicely now...but not as good as the R1 tho'
Bikes-they're in the blood.

www.blood.co.uk