FZR/EXUP FEST 2010

Start a discussion about anything you like here. Newbies please note, it's your round!

Which date do you prefer

7th, 8th & 9th May
14%
21st, 22nd & 23rd May
86%

Total votes: 29

kearnsey
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by kearnsey »

I am new to this site and am a bit confused, 2 sites not getting on ? people getting banned ? i thought this was a friendly site what the hell happend
Vagabond
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by Vagabond »

I vote for whatever weekend the NW200 isn't on lol

I'll be up for it!
1989 FZR1000R
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

kearnsey wrote:I am new to this site and am a bit confused, 2 sites not getting on ? people getting banned ? i thought this was a friendly site what the hell happend
Originally, only the FZR site existed until at one point; the then owner closed it down due to comments made on site (not by myself), that were taken the wrong way. Myself and Arcanum decided to set up EXUP1000 with the help of his then fiancee Tunguska.

When the FZR site reopened under new management, myself and several others were on the FZR site again, but over time the new manager banned and kicked folk off...sometimes for reasons unknown to ourselves.

Again the FZR site closed and this time reopened and is being run by Krazyneil who's also on here. Neil, thankfully, has approcahed me and wants both sites to run in unison for the good of the community, and as you see has unbanned the folks that were excluded by the previous managements :thumbsup:

EXUP1000 has always been an open forum where theres no charges. We respect peoples opinions and beliefs but won't tollerate personal attacks or things that may get the site closed down by authorities....in other words the place is almost self monitoring. I just try and keep the place tidy. Grievances are to be taken privately and the management can't and won't get involved.

Enjoy the place and join in the banter...thats all it is and all its meant to be...just banter....with a little information thrown in for good measure

Paul
AKA Bald headed b'stard
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by krazyneil »

eloquently put there mate :)
theres plenty that has gone on before but its time for fzr1000 ,exup1000 and the brotherhood put it all behind us and concentrate on a united future because at the end of the day were all here for the love of our bikes and this world wide web is big enough for all of us to co-exist in harmony and help each other :)
this joint meet is the first step to achieve our goals
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!
kearnsey
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner

Post by kearnsey »

Thank you for clearing that up, i shall continue to enjoy the site and will look forward to meeting some of you at the meet if it goes ahead.
hexhup
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy

Post by hexhup »

i can't tell you how happy i am to see someone talking sense i just wish a few other bike related sites would take a leaf or 2 out of your books and try to get along with each other :wall:

keep up the good work guys :clap: :clap:
Vagabond
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by Vagabond »

and the Nobel peace prize goes to ......... Stig and Krazyneil !!

Could have done with you two guys here in Northern Ireland, the peace process might have happened a lot earlier..... if everyone rode bikes at least! :D
1989 FZR1000R
Vagabond
Village Gossip
Village Gossip

Post by Vagabond »

Ok, back to the subject in hand, I've voted for the later date for the meet, got a feeling the NW200 will be the earlier date and there is nothing more demoralising than waiting at the port and bike after bike streaming off the boat and you getting on, it's always a feeling of you're going the wrong way.
1989 FZR1000R
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by krazyneil »

Vagabond wrote:and the Nobel peace prize goes to ......... Stig and Krazyneil !!

Could have done with you two guys here in Northern Ireland, the peace process might have happened a lot earlier..... if everyone rode bikes at least! :D
its only common sense mate :) no award needed for that but then again i am a bit crazy so sense isnt always my strong point :lol:

the latter date is looking favourite so i think i might take the chance and book it,hopefully i wont be too much out of pocket :)
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!
Ice Queen
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly

Post by Ice Queen »

got to ask the question, how did you come by the dates? As a MUM and a woman, why not in the school holidays, my kids would have loved to come with us to see the bikes, even tho it would mean us not being able to bring our bikes. As it is now, we really can't justify the long journey for one nights camping.

Please, this is not a critisism nor a carp, just a woman's view of things! :D :nod:

Cheers to all the new members, and thanks for all the pints, Flipper does keep me informed :lol:

Ice Queen :p
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic

Post by krazyneil »

hi ice queen
the date thing is simple,there is only 4 weekends the site isnt booked in 2010 , 2 in may as i suggested and two in october,no full weekends inbetween im afraid ,the venue is called lumb farm in derbyshire and is used to holding bike rallies amongst weddings and that type of stuff so i was stuck with availability for suitable and reasonably priced venue we could have to ourselves ,it was highly reccomended to me and is reasonably priced and can hold upwards of 200 easily if the need arises,so we can grow the event year on year and maybe 2011 we can book better dates thet suit members better,some of the prices ive been quoted were astronomical and arnt viable.
hope this answeres your question
all the best
neil
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!
RENEGADE
Earbasher
Earbasher

Post by RENEGADE »

sounds good idea ,glad someone has taken the idea a step further...
i will come in at harwich.....
joeboy
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's

Post by joeboy »

I voted for the end of May as it might be a bit warmer by then, sounds like it could be a good show. :nod:
GOVERNMENT WARNING!:
If you are having individual free thoughts please switch on your TV immediately and watch x factor, or go shopping, or buy a happy meal, free thought will lead to extremism.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

i'd better go find the bike to clean it :nod:

It'll take me til easter to dig it out :blush:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Lukather
Pit-lane Reporter
Pit-lane Reporter

Count me in

Post by Lukather »

I will show... just confirm...should be 3 bikes ...

:D