Some photos.

Post your pictures here: your bikes, meets you've attended, modifications you've made, x-rays you've had taken...
nuggitt

Some photos.

Post by nuggitt »

been a bit camera happy today and taken a few photos of the old girl. I daren't post em all far to many. Not bad to say she's 20 year old eh!

Replaced the old screen (which got damaged with many other parts by the B*****D of a removal company that we used to bring our things out here) with the new one which I won on ebay a month ago. All I need for her now is another top half fairing, "I'll be lucky" because both the thin end pieces of the fairing got snapped off by the above mentioned. Then to get a small dent and crack in the paint on the petrol tank sorted out and she'll be as good as new.

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/ ... mview=grid

Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
BigJap4
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by BigJap4 »

Looks nice m8y,is that your place in the background? If it is when is the next plane :D ??
Biggady biggady bong!
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

Looks a bit overcast! :D Envious!

Retirement or did you come to realisation that out fair ilse is doomed?
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

oldskoolexup wrote:Looks a bit overcast! :D Envious!

Retirement or did you come to realisation that out fair ilse is doomed?
We both in a moment of madness decided, having been here on holiday quite a few times, thought we'd just sell up and get off our arses and give it a go. Instead of sitting wondering what it would've been like if we hadn't. Your fair Isle isn't doomed,it's a lovely place. It isn't all roses around the door here oldskoolexup. :crybaby: I'd better stop now because if you get me going I'll never stop on the subject. :shades:
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester

Post by oldskoolexup »

Please feel free to carry on on subject!

In meantime... http://www.villanero.eu/ ...wow!!!!!! :cool:
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,
Learn from the mistakes of others.............................
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department

fairing

Post by creedxup »

It's very common for those "ear" pieces to break off the fairing, if you still have them, they can be re-fitted and held in place with the screen screws and mirror bolts., as the break is usually under the mirror, the join hardly notices
1992 RU midnight blue, Wiseco 1070, 6 speed, r1 calipers, ducati discs , 157 bhp crank, Ohlins shock
nuggitt

Re: fairing

Post by nuggitt »

creedxup wrote:It's very common for those "ear" pieces to break off the fairing, if you still have them, they can be re-fitted and held in place with the screen screws and mirror bolts., as the break is usually under the mirror, the join hardly notices
I have one of the pieces, but the other got lost through transit (the movers again) When I was fitting the new screen I tried to fit it to the screen with the bolt, but for some stange reason when I lined the piece up with bolt hole in the screen. I had a 3mm gap from the main fairing. So I didn't fit it. It could possibly be plastic welded to the main fairing but there's no such company out here I'm afraid. :mad:
BigJap4
Lap Record Holder
Lap Record Holder

Post by BigJap4 »

You bugger i've just booked a month!! You owe me m8y!!! :lol: :lol: :D
Biggady biggady bong!
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

:hijack:

Bike looks well smart Nuggitt :nod:

Like the swingarm...was it something you fitted or previous owners??
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote::hijack:

Bike looks well smart Nuggitt :nod:

Like the swingarm...was it something you fitted or previous owners??
Cheers for that stig. As for the swingarm the previous owner had it fitted. I need to get another JMC 7020 sticker for the right hand side. A bit of the J's missing. Fussy bugger me you know! :shades:
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

BigJap4 wrote:You bugger i've just booked a month!! You owe me m8y!!! :lol: :lol: :D
Just pull up another floorboard lad. Loads a money!! :lol:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

nuggitt wrote: I need to get another JMC 7020 sticker for the right hand side. A bit of the J's missing. Fussy bugger me you know! :shades:
If you get me a good close up pic of the sticker and some dimensions, I may be able to cut you some for each side. Can't guarentee that I could colour match a single one but cutting a pair in vinyl would be easy :D
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

Post by nuggitt »

Stig wrote:
nuggitt wrote: I need to get another JMC 7020 sticker for the right hand side. A bit of the J's missing. Fussy bugger me you know! :shades:
If you get me a good close up pic of the sticker and some dimensions, I may be able to cut you some for each side. Can't guarentee that I could colour match a single one but cutting a pair in vinyl would be easy :D
Cheers stig. I will the next time I have my camera and ruler out. Shall I PM you with the details? :shades:
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Stig »

any way you choose...email, pm or post :cool:
AKA Bald headed b'stard
nuggitt

JMC stickers

Post by nuggitt »

Here you are stig. Been up to the bike today and got the sizes for you. If you can get as near to these as you can I'd be very grateful. I did have a look on the JMC web site, but I couldn't find anything to do with buying stickers for swinarms on the page. Unless my eyesight is going like everything else! :retard: