Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: A ride out. Reply with quote

I took a bit of a gamble this morning setting off for a short trip to Stamford Bridge near York. When I set off there was more blue sky than clouds, but as I got closer to Stamford Bridge the clouds got bigger and darker and I could see some big shower clouds in the distance. I went to see the Stamford Bridge battlefield and Memorial plaques around the town. The Seaways café is only 11 miles away, so I popped up there for a half an hour. After lunch I felt a few spots of rain, so I decided to bugger off back home. A good short ride out though just to blow the cobwebs off.

A few piccies for you, and I'll throw a bit of history in for free. big grin

Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Stamford Bridge. Winning that one cost Harold the battle at Hastings. He had to force march his exhausted army 260 miles south to Hastings to face William of Normandy (who also had Norse ancestry).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: