Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RONNIENORFOLK
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: IS THIS GENUINE Reply with quote

Hi
New here and looking for an easy project to restore to A1 spec and wondering why no-one has snapped this up if it's as good as they say it is (ONLY 1744 miles)?
I've spoken to the seller (dealer) and for some reason I wasn't convinced. There is a non-standard switch located next to the reserve switch with a web of red wiring from that to lights etc. He claimed he didn't know it was there until I pointed it out which seemed odd. The NoS sticker on the right side doesn't hide anything but the oem decals were cut away beneath this sticker to avoid any lines under the NoS sticker. Odd.
The left footpeg rubber seems a bit heavily worn too for a bike with only 1700 miles.
Has anyone any history on this bike or any other info?
Thanks
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234019602350
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original foot peg rubbers are really soft and wear very easily.

The fact that it has a Nitrous sticker and an extra switch would suggest it had nitrous fitted and putting extra power through the EXUPís gearbox and clutch isnít wise.

Apart from that if you want to restore an EXUP to A1 original condition, starting with one thatís only done 1700 miles would be a good move.

It certainly looks in very nice low mileage condition.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOT history shows only two tests with mileage in kilometres (2806)

Looks to me like itís an import due to no long term MOT history. Thereís no saying if the clocks havenít been changed before it was UK registered
I could be totally off point but itís just how it appears to me. If thatís the case thereís a lot of others out there in good nick for a lot less
RONNIENORFOLK
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creedxup wrote:

The fact that it has a Nitrous sticker and an extra switch would suggest it had nitrous fitted and putting extra power through the EXUPís gearbox and clutch isnít wise.

Apart from that if you want to restore an EXUP to A1 original condition, starting with one thatís only done 1700 miles would be a good move.

The extra switch next to the reserve switch is confirmed to be for the lights. As the lights on this are hardwired to "ON" at the factory, this is a mod to turn them off when running. You wouldn'y run with a Nos switch down there, it'd kill you. So much for this being an "untouched example" though. I doubt this has run Nos if it's a genuine 1744 miler. However........?
RONNIENORFOLK
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
MOT history shows only two tests with mileage in kilometres (2806)

Looks to me like itís an import due to no long term MOT history. Thereís no saying if the clocks havenít been changed before it was UK registered
I could be totally off point but itís just how it appears to me. If thatís the case thereís a lot of others out there in good nick for a lot less

Yes, agree that it might have suffered a clock change. Where are these good nick 89-90 FZR's, the one's on ebay at the mo aren't that nice? Do you have any links pse?
Goshreally2
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the discs painted, or is there a problem with the anodising? Either way for that price I don't think it hits the mark. There was a 90 exup being advertised or tempted on here recently (classifieds) Okay about 30,000 miles but he says its an early frame number under 300 - if the frame and engine match then that would make a good project - maybe you could do it for the price of the "says its a minter" or less. Or you could probably find a decent full service low miler from a proper shop giving you more peace of mind. Either way happy hunting and good luck.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mileage isnít the end of the show imho. Take a look at Nuggittís bike. Alright he pampers it well but thatís done around 70,000 miles and it puts most to shame.

Have a look on Facebook market place. Thereís usually a few on there and a few in FB FZR groups
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had another look at the one you listed. It appears to have had a new rear sprocket. Unless youíre altering the gearing thereís no need to change sprockets if the mileage is genuine
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE
RONNIENORFOLK
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Thanks, seen all those, not interested in RU or foxeye and the 89 has some big corrosion in the cockpit, right engine cover badly corroded and brakes non standard. Would like better condition as a base bike if poss.
jcr
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are FZR's so expensive? they seem to be about double the price of a similar Ace eek
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLICK HERE

Any good?
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RONNIENORFOLK wrote:
creedxup wrote:

The extra switch next to the reserve switch is confirmed to be for the lights. As the lights on this are hardwired to "ON" at the factory, this is a mod to turn them off when running. You wouldn'y run with a Nos switch down there, it'd kill you. So much for this being an "untouched example" though. I doubt this has run Nos if it's a genuine 1744 miler. However........?

I canít see an extra switch next to the reserve switch but normally nitrous is armed with a toggle switch and then activated with either the horn or pass light switch.

On the UK bikes you can turn the lights off and theyíre not hardwired to on if itís an import.

You can clearly see the light on/p/off switch on the right hand switchgear, so itís not hardwired to on as that switch would be different.
Goshreally2
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonge is looking to sell an 89 not 90 (sorry) on classifieds - he says its good. In terms of mileage a bike that has a few more miles is tried and tested therefore a good buy if well cared for. If I had the wedge I would buy that 89 that Stig mentioned last rather than the not sure about job for nearly twice the price.
RONNIENORFOLK
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:

CLICK HERE

Any good?

Thanks. Hi mileage though and look at the left peg. Anyone riding with it like that doesn't instill confidence. Would need a real close look. Really after something in very good/excellent condition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Lounge Bar All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: