Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Reviewed & Recommended
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Battery chargers Reply with quote

Recently went to collect my Twincam from the paintshop. I left it with them in July this year, having just fitted a brand new factory battery
I was gutted when I found out theyíd not disconnected it so itíd gone so flat over the last 6 months that it wouldnít even show ignition lights.
In the short term we used a jump pack to move the car about then swapped out a spare battery I had.

When I dragged out the Optimate V3 it showed red and dead.... basically scrap

I also tried my trusty old Linwood charger to give the initial boost but that simply exploded so went in the bin laugh I canít complain as Iíve had it 40 years.

I then remembered Iíd bought a more up to date Optimate V6 second hand off FB marketplace a couple of years ago so rooted that out

Itís an intelligent charger that assesses and changes to different settings dependant on battery condition

What the hell I threw the leads on the dead battery. This was 7 days ago. After 2 days showing red with an a page below 1 it changed tactics to a boost. Iíve kept my eye on it since last week and can now say itís showing yellow/green and still charging. Iím hoping itís going to be done tomorrow judging by itís progress and current status.

If successful Iíll drop it on the car and report back (fingers crossed)
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to confirm battery recovery 100% success. Took a full week though but highly recommended for seriously flat batteries that itís predecessor would not even consider starting to recharge
nuggitt
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. 👍
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Reviewed & Recommended All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: