Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nuggitt
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 5807
Location: North Yorkshire
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: A ride out with a trespass in mind. Reply with quote

I've been trespassing in Teego's County today. big grin Though I must say I nearly didn't get there. I was travelling between Doncaster to Barnsley when I hit a very deep sunken manhole cover on a bend at 60 mph and I almost lost the bike, after getting through the first one I hit two more in quick succession almost losing the bike again. The language under my helmet was very blue and the stain in my underpants wasnít blue in colour I can tell you. eek eek mad

After getting over that shock I carried on and I was approaching a junction to my left when a car pulled out without looking (as per effin usual) and I went to give him a blast on my new horn and as I pressed the button there was not a sound, so Iím thinking the banging of the manhole covers must have shook the pipe off the horn so I pulled into a layby so I could push the pipe back on to the horn only to find the horn had gone altogether. cry baby cry baby Just goes to show how violent the bump was to break a 3mm mounting bracket clean off. Iím going to have to buy a new horn now because I feel very vulnerable because like Teego says they are out to get you. nod

Anyway I carried on hornless. The scenery in the peak district I was going through was amazing. I wanted to take some photos of it but the traffic was far too busy for me to stop safely, so I didnít get any landscape shots. Sorry lads. As I was going over the Pennines, there were rain drops hitting my visor and the sky was getting very dark but it didnít get any worse.

Reaching Matlock Bath the sun was out a bit and it was very pleasant. Itís been 30 years since I was last there and from what Iíve seen today I donít think itís changed that much at all.

I was expecting to have to pay to park my bike but after asking another biker he informed me no I donít have to pay now because it got scrapped a while ago. I had read online about the charges coming into force but I wasnít sure when it got scrapped. smile

Anyway hereís some photos for you, just to show the wild bunch what it looks like since they last visited it in the year nought blob. laugh laugh
































_________________
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Posts: 11660
Location: digging through projects
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, how far is Matlock from yours?
_________________
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nuggitt
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 5807
Location: North Yorkshire
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughly about 80 mile using A roads. I donít do motorways on the bike, far too boring. nod

I must add, that 80 mile took me 2 hours 30 minutes because thereís a lot of 50,40 & 30 speed limits with average speed cameras en route & a lot of double white lines. nod
_________________
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.


Last edited by nuggitt on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 2463
Location: On the road again. Distance is the drug.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
Roughly about 80 mile using A roads. I donít do motorways on the bike, far too boring. nod


You looking for a meet Paul? How about an open event before winter to show we are real people and not just keyboard jockeys? Run what ya brung type thing.
_________________
Keep on keepin' on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Posts: 11660
Location: digging through projects
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teego wrote:
nuggitt wrote:
Roughly about 80 mile using A roads. I donít do motorways on the bike, far too boring. nod


You looking for a meet Paul? How about an open event before winter to show we are real people and not just keyboard jockeys? Run what ya brung type thing.


Have thought about this. I don't mind folks in cars if we meeting to chew the fat and generally catch up. I'm committed til the end of next month but could meet after that

Any more takers and where?
_________________
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nuggitt
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 5807
Location: North Yorkshire
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a new horn yesterday from j20motorsport at 11.30am and it turned up today at 10.30am. Now that takes some doing.

It came from Backwell, Bristol. I'm amazed of the speed of it.

Anyway it's all fitted and working, so come on you Volvo drivers, show yourselves. laugh laugh laugh
_________________
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Posts: 11660
Location: digging through projects
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laugh laugh laugh
And it's not like they won't see you 👍
_________________
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 2463
Location: On the road again. Distance is the drug.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
laugh laugh laugh
And it's not like they won't see you 👍

Exactly so. Antique clothing may carry feelings of nostalgia - my face is nostalgic about my 1st smash at 16. But it's time for some more discreet leathers now. Let the bike speak fot itself.
_________________
Keep on keepin' on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nuggitt
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 5807
Location: North Yorkshire
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be seen be safe. laugh laugh
_________________
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Posts: 11660
Location: digging through projects
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
Be seen be safe. laugh laugh


I know. As you said before they're period correct to the bike too
_________________
AKA Bald headed b'stard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nuggitt
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 5807
Location: North Yorkshire
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldnít look right in modern day leathers. I sent these leathers down to Hideout leathers over the winter months so they could refurbish them, they put me a new pink piece in, some new Kushitani badges on the shoulders, a new fastener for the neck and gave them a good clean inside & outside. That little lot cost me over £400.

The girls who did the work did comment about the quality of the suit and how well they were made and especially the weight of them.

Itís like wearing an old jumper or slippers, comfy as hell. nod
_________________
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 2463
Location: On the road again. Distance is the drug.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like old jumpers and slippers. John, you spent £400 on a refurb when you could have a new set for the same price. How many cream teas could you get for £400?
Ignore me. I'm an ex-biker.
_________________
Keep on keepin' on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nuggitt
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 5807
Location: North Yorkshire
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teego wrote:
Looks like old jumpers and slippers.


laugh laugh laugh laugh

I know I couldíve bought some nice new leathers for £400. I couldíve bought some leathers for a grand same as I bought these for but I was working then, now Iím an old fart drawing his pension youíve got to be cautious with the pennies. Itís all right for you rich lot with your posh Mercís and BMWís. lol: laugh

Anyway itís like you say youíre a has been now and just another boring car driver, or what I call a mobile chicane, so you donít have any say in my motorcycle riding apparel raspberry

I love my old jumper and slippers big grin
_________________
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kboehringer
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Joined: 30 Jun 2019
Posts: 111
Location: Peachtree City, GA USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Average Speed Camera? - OFF THE TOPIC Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:

I must add, that 80 mile took me 2 hours 30 minutes because thereís a lot of 50,40 & 30 speed limits with average speed cameras en route & a lot of double white lines. nod


Please Explain? What is an Average Speed Camera? You can get a ticket based on a photo?

In the USA we have "Red Light Cameras" in some places. If one proceeds through a red traffic stop signal the camera will snap the photo of the back of the vehicle and you will get a ticket in the mail. But, there is no such fear of a speeding ticket. An officer has to pull you over to get one of those.

Sorry to distract from the topic. That ride looks like a beautiful place to be on a bike.

Respectfully,
_________________
Kurt Boehringer
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nuggitt
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 5807
Location: North Yorkshire
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kurt. An average speed camera is a device mounted on a tall yellow pole and if the speed limit is 50mph it will time you as you pass the first camera up to the next camera approx 2 mile away and if you exceed the 50mph limit between the two cameraís it sends you a speeding ticket through the post. A pain in the butt. mad
_________________
Bit of advice. Buy a good bed and a good pair of shoes, because if you aren't in one you'll be in the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


www.exup1000.co.uk is owned and run by EXUP enthusiasts, for EXUP enthusiasts
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group