Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: a ride out Reply with quote

With today being the last good day weather wise. I decided to go down memory lane and set off for Padgetts of Batley. I've not been there since the early 80s so it was nice to see it once again. I had a lovely chat with Cath Padgett about various things including leathers, helmets, sat navs and life in general. laugh laugh

They've got some lovely old bikes up on the first floor.

Last edited by nuggitt on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet you wore those leathers when you last visted Padgetts 30 years ago. Couldn't you get a deal on a new set from Cath? They must be rank by now.

So this is looking like a one man riding club - Nuggit - while everyone else has morphed into middle-aged comfort and contentment.

I've had some great drives in the AMG over the Peak District in Autumn sunshine. Reckon it'll be taken off the road in 6 weeks time. Give my credit card a rest. 19mpg on Shell Vpower. Tyres 800 a set.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have you know I bought my leathers in 1994 so that makes them twenty four years old, and as for rank, I do use Febreze Fabric Refresher Spray in Moonlit Lavender. It's like I said to Cath, when you've got an old cardigan or a pair of old comfy slippers you don't really want to give them up.

You're right Teego, I seem to be a one man act at the moment. Stig's gone for an early bath. I was out with roadrunner (Mike) the other day and he was once again talking about rebuilding his Exup over the winter so we'll have to see if that happens. I keep in touch with rdgravy (Dave) but the poor sod has health issues so he doesn't get to ride much and so it goes on with the other Exup owners I know of. It's been very quiet on here for ages as if a mass exodus has happened.

At least you and me are getting out for a few rides out. As for your car running expenses, you know what they say... If you've got the flash you've got the cash. laugh laugh laugh
Teego
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
I'll have you know I bought my leathers in 1994 so that makes them twenty four years old, and as for rank, I do use Febreze Fabric Refresher Spray in Moonlit Lavender. It's like I said to Cath, when you've got an old cardigan or a pair of old comfy slippers you don't really want to give them up.

You're right Teego, I seem to be a one man act at the moment. Stig's gone for an early bath. I was out with roadrunner (Mike) the other day and he was once again talking about rebuilding his Exup over the winter so we'll have to see if that happens. I keep in touch with rdgravy (Dave) but the poor sod has health issues so he doesn't get to ride much and so it goes on with the other Exup owners I know of. It's been very quiet on here for ages as if a mass exodus has happened.

At least you and me are getting out for a few rides out. As for your car running expenses, you know what they say... If you've got the flash you've got the cash. laugh laugh laugh

I don't know anything about old cardigans and slippers. Next you'll be telling us you watch Emmerdale with an old dampfarting bassett hound on your lap.
You are right though, road time is the thing. As they used to say: distance is the drug.
Fortunately I have enough AMG coupons in my back pocket to enjoy myself after taking care of everyone else.
What worries me is the future of this site. Over the years so much knowledge and skills have been built up. It's an invaluable resource. I ask myself how all the posts and info could be preserved if the site ever folds. I don't know the answer.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site costs approx 100 a year. I throw a couple of quid a week in a pot so as long as I'm physically able then site will remain on line. When the day comes I can't sort it I don't think any of us current members will be young enough to care
Only issue might be if I shuffle off this coil in the near future as my wife doesn't have any interest and my son isn't bothered about Exup related topics or computer stuff in general as it happens
Teego
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
The site costs approx 100 a year. I throw a couple of quid a week in a pot so as long as I'm physically able then site will remain on line. When the day comes I can't sort it I don't think any of us current members will be young enough to care
Only issue might be if I shuffle off this coil in the near future as my wife doesn't have any interest and my son isn't bothered about Exup related topics or computer stuff in general as it happens

Maybe it would not be so much about saving the site as about saving the archive. More as a research library than an active forum.

May we all be blessed with long and happy lives and our children and their children come bearing Sunday gifts of wine and laughter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: