View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:43 am    Post subject: Another New-ish Member Reply with quote

I've been on here a while now but only added a couple of posts, a big thanks to John aka Nuggitt for sending me some simple info on how to upload photos using Imgur, I used to use Photobucket years ago but that's gone, if I can do this anyone can, lets give it a go
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Another New-ish Member Reply with quote

SJP5000 wrote:
I've been on here a while now but only added a couple of posts, a big thanks to John aka Nuggitt for sending me some simple info on how to upload photos using Imgur, I used to use Photobucket years ago but that's gone, if I can do this anyone can, lets give it a go

Well that was pretty easy, cheers John big grin

A bit about the bike, I'm in Sydney Australia and these bikes are quite rare here, I was looking for one for probably 18 months all over the country on Ebay, Gumtree, Bikesales etc as you do and this one came up only 10 minutes from home in July last year, it's a Japaneese import 9/91 model, it was a one owner bike and came with the original owners manual under the seat, had only 18,000km on the clock when I got it, now showing 20,500km, It needed a good service and the carbs put through the ultrasonic cleaner and then setting up properly, also the steering head bearings were replaced, apart from that it's been really good, we've been in lockdown here in Sydney now since early June, so it hasn't been out, but we are supposed to get some easing of restrictions from next Monday the 11th when they say that double dose vacinations will hit 70%

Cheers guys
Steve
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Steve. 👍 My scribbling down on the back of a cig packet made some sense then? 😁

Youíve got a nice looking bike there.

The photo you sent me via the email. Is that background scenery the Blue Mountains by any chance? 🤔👍
NickZT
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just luv the 1991 blue and white colour scheme. Would like to find one for a Winter project
bunk
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting ! My us 91 has dark blue where there is grey on your bike. Tank and cowl are the same though. Pics in the for sale forum
bunk
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunk wrote:
Interesting ! My us 91 has dark blue where there is grey on your bike. Tank and cowl are the same though. Pics in the for sale forum

Pardon me, its really dark grey, not dark blue.
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
Well done Steve. 👍 My scribbling down on the back of a cig packet made some sense then? 😁

Youíve got a nice looking bike there.

The photo you sent me via the email. Is that background scenery the Blue Mountains by any chance? 🤔👍

Thanks John, that picture I sent you was taken late last year at the Burragorang Valley Lookout, which overlooks the Warragamba Dam Water Catchment area, this supplies Sydney with around 80% of our water, very popular spot for a ride out, I'll put some more pictures up now I know how to

Cheers
Steve
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunk wrote:

I tried to find a full decal set for it, just to put away for a rainy day as they say when I first got it last year, I think someone on here put me onto a guy in Poland but he couldn't help
bunk
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJP5000 wrote:
bunk wrote:

I tried to find a full decal set for it, just to put away for a rainy day as they say when I first got it last year, I think someone on here put me onto a guy in Poland but he couldn't help

Try this shop:

http://bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunk wrote:
SJP5000 wrote:
bunk wrote:

Try this shop:

http://bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm

Cheers, sure I got the decals for my LC from this place many years ago
nuggitt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJP5000 wrote:

Thanks John, that picture I sent you was taken late last year at the Burragorang Valley Lookout, which overlooks the Warragamba Dam Water Catchment area, this supplies Sydney with around 80% of our water, very popular spot for a ride out, I'll put some more pictures up now I know how to

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for putting a name up to the place in the photo. I like to look on Google Earth and back track to the roads you've maybe ridden on. I'm not a stalker honestly, so don't worry. I'm just interested. Lol

Whenever I do a route. I usually put down where I'm heading, and where I've been. I don't know if they can be arsed to look or not, but it's there if they want too. big grin
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, check out a free app called Strava. You can log your route and save/share 👍
nuggitt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
Hey John, check out a free app called Strava. You can log your route and save/share 👍

Iíve just done that. There were two choices and as usual I chose the one where they want £47.99 annually, so I got rid of that one sharpish, and downloaded the free app. Iíll give it a try later because Iím doing the school run this afternoon. 😁👍
SJP5000
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
SJP5000 wrote:

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for putting a name up to the place in the photo. I like to look on Google Earth and back track to the roads you've maybe ridden on. I'm not a stalker honestly, so don't worry. I'm just interested. Lol

Whenever I do a route. I usually put down where I'm heading, and where I've been. I don't know if they can be arsed to look or not, but it's there if they want too. big grin

We'll be able to get out for a ride after this Monday 11th, there calling it freedom day after 3 1/2 months in so called lockdown, so I'll get some more pictures when I'm out, that's one thing here you can pretty much ride all year round, although some days during the Summer, which is December, January, February, it's just too hot and can get up to 40 degrees, too warm for a lad from Middlesbrough big grin
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJP5000 wrote:

We'll be able to get out for a ride after this Monday 11th, there calling it freedom day after 3 1/2 months in so called lockdown, so I'll get some more pictures when I'm out, that's one thing here you can pretty much ride all year round, although some days during the Summer, which is December, January, February, it's just too hot and can get up to 40 degrees, too warm for a lad from Middlesbrough big grin

I can remember those 3 months well Steve. Too bloody hot for us milk bottle white northern hemisphere lot. One year while I was there it reached 48c = 120f. It was relentless for about seven days. The government told all the shop owners to unlock all the outdoor soft drinks fridge cabinets, so you could help yourself to plenty of drinks for free. After the heatwave cooled we then got a typhoon and that caused a lot of damage.

Get out on Monday and don't be going silly. Aftre being cooped up for months. It'll be like letting stallions out in to the paddock for the very first time. laugh laugh laugh Please keep the photos coming. big grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Lounge Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: