Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Ride to Staithes. Or so I thought Reply with quote

I set off yesterday with all good intentions to go visit the small Seaside Village of Staithes.

First port of call was Northallerton, then on to Great Ayton for lunch. That's a nice little place to stop off at for a break. After lunch I headed for Skelton, Loftus, Easington, Boulby. After passing through Boulby I knew I wasn't far away.

Now unless I'd nodded off for a couple seconds or blinked to long but I completely missed a really big sign saying Staithes industrial estate. When the penny dropped I suddenly realised I was heading into Sandsend near Whitby, so Whitby is where I ended up. After having a coffee and a look at the road map. I realised where I'd gone wrong. retard I'll do that route again soon and I'll get it there next time. Setting off rom Clara's coffee shop in Whitby I headed for Robin Hood's Bay which is just south of Whitby.

I got parked up in the car park at the top of Robin Hood's Bay and as I set off walking down the hill to the bottom I thought this hill isn't to bad. Having got to the shoreline and took a few photos. It's a pity the tide was in though.

It was time to set off back up the hill. On the way down I had noticed a lot of people walking back up the hill were gasping for oxygen and thought to myself their very unfit for their age.

I got 50 yards up the hill and I too started to puff, cough and wheeze. At about halfway up I thought my pounding heart was going to burst out of my chest. Stig this beats the hill going up to Lincoln Cathedral ten fold. When I finally got to the top I just managed to drag myself onto a bench and sat there till I composed myself for ten minutes. An evil thought came over me and was thinking about bringing Mike (roadrunner) here, because he has mentioned that I'm in his will. twisted big grin

From RHB I was going to head for Scarborough until I got a text from a friend who told me Staxton Hill was closed off, so I headed back to Whitby and went over the North York Moors to Pickering, Malton and then onto Seaways for a leg stretch. It was a perfect day for bike riding, and a good temperature too.

Here's a few photos...

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iíve done RHB. That hill is even more interesting when youíve had a few pints at the pub at the bottom. We stopped in a B&B just up from the car park at the top end.
Thereís also a proper traditional chippy on the right at the bottom of the hill
nuggitt
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
Iíve done RHB. That hill is even more interesting when youíve had a few pints at the pub at the bottom.

I bet you didnít know if you were going up hill or down after a few bevvies. I bet that was a laugh to see. 😂😂😂👍
jcr
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pics as usual.
how did Robin Hoods bay get its name?.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcr wrote:
great pics as usual.

Have a bit of bedtime reading.

CLICK HERE
jcr
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
jcr wrote:
great pics as usual.

Have a bit of bedtime reading.

CLICK HERE

not quite as exciting as id hoped, but interesting never the less. thumbsup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: