Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: A Yorkshire day out. Reply with quote

I’m a bit late with this post but its here for you now.

There’s a Yorkshire theme going on here.

Last Thursday Sept 17th. I took myself off for a ride because the weather was perfect for biking. I headed for York, Thirsk, Northallerton and Richmond. I love this particular route because there’s some lovely sweeping bends and with it being mainly B roads there isn’t much traffic about. After arriving in Richmond it was time for some lunch. (Sorry Chris but needs must) I usually frequent the café in the indoor market.

On the move again I headed back for Leyburn and Masham. I stopped off at the river Ure at Masham Bridge and sat by the river for 30 minutes whilst I was soaking up all the nature and lovely surroundings. I’m sure I was a hippy in a previous life.

Moving on from Masham I headed for Ripon and Boroughbridge. I got parked up in Boroughbridge. Normally when I visit Thirsk I get my lunch from a sandwich shop called “PLENTY” Well I knew there was also a shop in Boroughbridge which I tracked down. On entering the shop I noticed a chap walking out with a group of women. When the penny dropped and I realised who it was, it was the Vet from the TV programme on CH 5 “The Yorkshire Vet”. They call him Julian Norton. Well it was like meeting an old friend who I hadn’t seen in ages. We had a right good chat about things in general. He’s a lovely bloke (well he is from Yorkshire) and the women he was with were all his veterinary staff. He’d taken them all out to lunch at his expense he hastened to add. One of the women said would I like a photo with him and I said I certainly would because my wife loves him, more than me in fact. LOL Now I know all about this self distancing thing but he didn’t give a toss and I certainly didn’t. It made my day to see him and couldn’t wait to see my wife’s face when I told her who I’d bumped into. LOL

I covered over 150 miles in total and enjoyed every mile.

Another Yorkshire ride out coming shortly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: