Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Night night Reply with quote

Well that's my bike tucked away for the winter in its boil in the bag. Got the oil and filter changed, Put the stabilising fluid in the petrol tank, then ran the engine to empty the carbs. I even managed to change the antifreeze too. I gave it a good clean and polish up, all I need now is for spring to arrive. big grin thumbsup

robertcains
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you fill the tank to the top before hibernation?
nuggitt
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always make sure the tank is full. I learnt that many years ago when my daughter left her tank almost empty on her Kawasaki gpz 250 and Iíve never seen so much rust in a petrol tank. When she came to start it up it it wasnít playing at all. You can imagine the work we had on sorting the carbs out. cry baby mad[/quote]
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw your thread subject I got worried (sorta). Thought you might be checking out. As Spike Milligan's epitaph says "I told you I wasn't well".
nuggitt
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wonít get rid of me that easy. big grin Whatís that youíre saying under your breath Chris?
Teego
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
You wonít get rid of me that easy. big grin Whatís that youíre saying under your breath Chris?

Nobody can hear me under my breath.
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the car number plate grandad, well im all better now as the docs has got my ticker all wrong so next year Ill be looking for a new bike nod
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this young blood was banned stig? Chuffing ought to be. 😘 So youíve got the all clear now then? What did the Doctorís find when they were doing their examinations, was itís swinging brick? 😂 Youíll have to give me the name of the useless wasak of the Doctor you had I donít want to be booking an appointment with him in the future.

Do you want me to keep my eyes peeled for you? PM or text me your budget so I now what price range we are looking at.

PS: Have you got any better looking since youíve been away? raspberry nod
kboehringer
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Night night - Battery Tender? Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
Well that's my bike tucked away for the winter in its boil in the bag.

Nuggitt,
What have you done about the battery during storage? One of my largest problems is keeping the batteries charged and healthy in all of my bikes.

In my case, with so many bikes, some bikes get out very infrequently. I have several trickle chargers (but not enough for all of the bikes). So, I move them around every couple weeks to make sure all the bikes keep a charge.

Although I drive my FZR & FJR very frequently (more than all the other bikes), those are also wired for a trickle charger.....

Just wondering if you've made arrangements for the battery?

Sincerely,
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donít worry Kurt the battery is getting well looked after. Thatís the only bit of my bike my wife will let me bring into the house. laugh laugh Itís stashed away in one of the wardrobes/closet and it will be getting charged at regular intervals. thumbsup nod
Teego
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
Donít worry Kurt the battery is getting well looked after. Thatís the only bit of my bike my wife will let me bring into the house. laugh laugh Itís stashed away in one of the wardrobes/closet and it will be getting charged at regular intervals. thumbsup nod

John's wife doesn't know exactly what goes on indoors when she has a night out with the girls. The dishwasher is very useful for cleaning engine parts, airbox, small plastic items etc etc.

Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh, hello Mrs Nuggitt, didn't notice you lurking in the corner. Errrrrrr, I'll be gone now.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teego wrote:

Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh, hello Mrs Nuggitt, didn't notice you lurking in the corner. Errrrrrr, I'll be gone now.

So it's you is it??? I was dreading it being roadrunner (Mike) because he's like a Gypsy's dog all rib and cock. laugh laugh laugh
Nicoxj
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so I'm not the only one using the dishwasher while alone at home for mecanical usage big grin big grin
undeadhairy
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they got a totally wrong thing, found it was major stress and anxiety I was suffering with that came under heart problems, but its all good now.
must be better looking now as got married end of September lol
moneys tight for now so just looking for now and trying to save at the same time, but hopefully ill have a bike soon enough, but as youre getting on abit now grandad nugget you might as well sell me your bike and ill look after it for you laugh laugh
nuggitt
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

undeadhairy wrote:
but as you're getting on a bit now granddad nuggitt you might as well sell me your bike and ill look after it for you laugh laugh

My bike isn't for the likes of you young bloods. I mean you wouldn't give a 5 year old a razor blade to play with would you so why would I let you loose on my powerful bike. laugh laugh laugh I think at your young age you ought to start with a nice 300cc and go through the ranks up to a bigger 1000cc bike. I now you've had an FZR1000 before but I think with the speeds you got up to on our rides out I'm sure it was a detuned one. laugh laugh laugh laugh

I'll have a sniff round for you so get saving up young man. Have you thought about selling your body to science, on second thoughts having been in your company I wouldn't bother karl. laugh laugh laugh raspberry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Rogues Gallery All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: