View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkBP
Brolly Dolly
Brolly Dolly
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Thunderace Exhaust Reply with quote

So I've finally got around to taking the exhaust off the bike to assess it's, who am I kidding!!, so that I can replace it. There, said it!! The whole system from the downpipes, into the exup valve and then out to where the can bolts onto is all welded together as 1 system. Is that standard, meaning that I will need to replace it all and get a new exup valve and housing ? Probably for the best that I do as it kept sticking anyway, and will also want new cables either way. So, does anyone have any/all of these bits that I need ? And perhaps one of you Mods (knowledge merchants) could give me an idea of how much it's going to cost for it all.... Thanks All

Crazy L
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a one piece system from the headers all the way to the can. I've had mine welded twice in the 8 years I've had it.

I bought bare cables from Venhill, to repair both my knackered exup cables. The Venhill ones are stainless steel too so wont rust away.

I also reamed out the bushings that the exup flap rotates on. I don't remember the exact size, it was many years ago now. Not loads but I used a hand reamer and only took a gnats cock out. Never seized since, not joking.
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bushings have a 10mm clearance hole. As long as the valve shafts are straight and aligned there shouldn't be any need to ream
Crazy L
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
The bushings have a 10mm clearance hole. As long as the valve shafts are straight and aligned there shouldn't be any need to ream

Probably why it was only a gnats cock. I may have only took out the soot and carbon. Alas, it doesn't rattle or seize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Lounge Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: