View previous topic :: View next topic  
kboehringer
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: New Carbs - Hills Salvage & Recycling (WN89SU)[url=https Reply with quote

FZR Friends,
Finally! I have a replacement set of carbs for my FZR!! big grin big grin big grin big grin

Several months ago I purchased a set from the UK that "Looked" right in the photos and were described as FZR1000 carbs but upon arrival and inspection were determined to be from a much smaller displacement FZR (probably a 600). The carbs were very much identical in overall appearance but significantly smaller.

Over a month ago I found another set for sale in the UK (e-bay) from:
HILLS SALVAGE & RECYCLING
East Gillibrands
Skelmersdale
Lancs
WN89SU

The carbs showed up on my doorstep today!!!

Although their exterior condition is disgustingly dirty, the insides are beautiful! Some may recall how badly damaged my originals were/are. These carbs haven't even had the idle adjuster plugs pulled out! If anyone was inside of these it was only once or twice as all the screw heads look undamaged as well!

My bike is very much operational and the current carbs are working well there are some damages inside the carb bodies and several oversized (over tapped) screws in the bowls & etc. I also have a broken choke retainer clip on one or two. For a mere 74.17 I couldn't pass them up.

Not sure if any of you have every heard of or used Hills Salvage? I would recommend them highly! Paul worked back & forth with me and packaged these incredibly well for the trip across the pond!

Now..... I'm wondering....... If I keep putting UK parts on this bike is it going to want to run better on the "WRONG" side of the road? laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's what he wanted the stickers for..... shoulda known
BONLY1
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did well with that deal from Hills, I live about 3 miles away and they'd have charged me more!
If the diaphragms are intact, you've got a bargain for sure. nod
kboehringer
Scooter Boy
Scooter Boy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Carbs cleaned (basic) - Basically perfect Reply with quote

BONLY1 wrote:
You did well with that deal from Hills, I live about 3 miles away and they'd have charged me more!
If the diaphragms are intact, you've got a bargain for sure. nod

All the diaphragms are perfect! smile smile smile

I broke the entire set apart and cleaned them all bare in "Berryman's Carb Dip". Although not ready for install, they cleaned up very well. They will need replacement o-rings, in particular those at the bottom of the slides and the floats are in poor condition.

The only faulty part was the plastic top cap on #1 which I believe was damaged in shipment as it looked fine in the photos from Hill's. I repaired it with epoxy but would use one of the caps from my active set should these be pressed into service at some point.

I will purchase a full gasket set from the recommended supplier and further prepare these to be ready for service.

I can't understand why Hill's would provide such a deal on these to a Darn Yankee..... But I'm not complaining!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Lounge Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: