Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject: A ride out. A bit further this time. Reply with quote

I took myself off to Thirsk yesterday. It's about one hour from where I live and its a lovely nice B road to travel on. I can't believe how quiet the roads were of traffic especially on a Sunday.

I had a light lunch in Thirsk. I had too because I think these leathers have shrunk a bit over the winter months. laugh They are getting a bit tight around the midriff bulge. laugh

Leaving Thirsk I called in at Helmsley. The only trouble with Helmsley is that you have to pay to park a motorcycle and it's £1.70 for an hour. (Tight asre me again) I was talking to a few lads about the parking fees and they all said we don't bother, but keep one eye out for the traffic warden. They said you'll know when he's about because there's a mass exodus and everybody disappears. laugh laugh I bumped into one of our members Gord from Teeside. He spotted my number plate and then hunted down my pink bit on my leathers. We had a nice chat before he was going to set off with some friends of his. It was nice to meet you young man.

From there I set off for Seaways (my second home) on another nice B road and by this time it was 1pm and the roads were still very quiet. A bit earie to be honest. paranoid Arriving at Seaways it was packed to the gunnels. The queue for refreshments were queuing outside, so I did without. (More wallet saving) laugh

On the way to Seaways, coming out of Malton. They have started putting loose chippings down already. It was a bit thick in places and it made the asre tighten up a bit on a few corners. I hate that stuff. mad

I eventually got to Sherburn and that was also packed out with bikes. Here's a few photos for you. They are a similar to the photos I have taken in the past. nod

Last edited by nuggitt on Tue May 10, 2022 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord
Test Rider
Test Rider
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to see you too, I cant believe how clean your bike is.
My blue YZF750 (street fighter- ish) is in the middle of your 6th pic, I had a slow puncture which I had repaired today, £20 to fix a puncture and I took the wheel off and marked out where the puncture was!
You were right about the speed van on the Helmsley road, he was parked up near Rievaulx Abbey.
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord wrote:
It was good to see you too, I cant believe how clean your bike is.
My blue YZF750 (street fighter- ish) is in the middle of your 6th pic, I had a slow puncture which I had repaired today, £20 to fix a puncture and I took the wheel off and marked out where the puncture was!
You were right about the speed van on the Helmsley road, he was parked up near Rievaulx Abbey.

Iíve used those repair kits before that you open the hole out and push a strip of rubber through and theyíve worked fine, even at top speed and until the tyre was worn out.

My mate was charged £50 the other day for fitting 2 new tyres to loose wheels, I couldnít believe the price.

I cut the old ones off and fit my own, donít balance them and never had a problem 👍
creedxup
Parts department
Parts department
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the person in that 2nd photo hasnít got a head 😃
nuggitt
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

creedxup wrote:
It looks like the person in that 2nd photo hasnít got a head 😃

It does look like sheís headless. 😁 What about that bloke to the left of her? He looks like heís stuck in a hedge and he canít get out. 😂😂👍
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Yorkshire folk are a bit weird 👍😂😂
nuggitt
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stig wrote:
These Yorkshire folk are a bit weird 👍😂😂

Too bloody right mate. 😂😂👍
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: