Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Another Yorkshire ride out. Reply with quote

Another Yorkshire Ride out.

Monday Sept 21st.

Iíve been looking forward to doing this long/hard trip for a while now.

As on the earlier ride out I ended up at Richmond again. From there I headed on the A6108 and branched off onto the B6270 road to Reeth, Low Row, Gunnerside, Muker, Skeugh Head and Keld,

I donít know if any of you watch the TV programme ďOur Yorkshire Farm: on CH5? It stars Clive and Amanda Owen and their nine children. They are a lovely family.

After leaving Keld you eventually come across a sign saying Ravenseat Only 1ľ mile. I headed for their farm on a track just wide enough to get a car down. I knew the farm was closed to the public before I set off but I just wanted to see exactly whereabouts they were. When you see it on the TV it looks like itís in the middle of nowhere, well I reached their cattle grid I couldnít believe how vast the area really is, itís mind blowing.

On returning to the Ravenseat sign I turned right for Nateby and on the way I came across a sign saying you are now entering Cumbria. The views in the distance were spectacular. Continuing through Nateby I eventually came to Kirkby Stephen and I needed a break after doing 34 miles on a single track B road. After a well deserved cup of tea and a slice of cake I set off back through Nateby, Outhgill, Aisgill and Lunds. Turning left on the A684 for Hawes. (It was nice to get back on an A road) Passing through Bainbridge, Aysgarth and onto Leyburn,

From Leyburn on the A6108 all the way to Ripon, Boroughbridge and finally back home.

I left home at 9.45 and got back at 4.45 and most of that time was in the saddle. I covered 234 miles in total, on roads not fit for a sportsbike. I certainly slept that night I can tell you.

I've just added a 5 minute video showing you the lovely scenery of the Yorkshire Dales. I've turned the audio off because all you get is a load of wind noise with this camera I'm using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aB2fS94MY4&feature=youtu.be

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: