Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: A ride out. Reply with quote

Mike (roadrunner) and I took ourselves off to Thirsk yesterday. The weather first thing was grey with drizzle when I set off from home but it wasnít cold. On the way I noticed the mileage on the clocks so stopped to take a photo. That old devil called love. demonic possession

I met up with Mike up at the Seaways cafť at Fridaythorpe (have a look on the map Kurt) From there we set off for Thirsk which is only 40 miles away. As I was riding through Malton a stupid young girl in her shitty Audi pulled straight out without looking. See photo. As she pulled out I could lip read her saying Oh Shit!! Anyway I made her jump by giving her a blast with my loud horn and that made me laugh.

We eventually got to Thirsk without anymore incidents. Our sandwich shop that we normally frequent was open. It seems we were both on a health kick because we both ordered a salad box each washed down with a nice cuppa. Cheers for the tea Kurt. thumbsup

We set off for Scarborough and half way there the tea was starting to take effect and I needed a pee stop. Itís an age thing. I spotted a lay by so pulled in and hid behind a wagons trailor that was parked up. When I was pulling up with the front brake I heard a scraping sound coming from the front end. When I investigated what it was I found one of two front left brake calliper bolts had disappeared and the other was hanging on by a couple of threads. I checked the other side and those two were loose too. Itís a good job I did stop when I did, it could have been a lot worse. I borrowed a bolt from the sub frame and tightened them all up and all was good again. A lucky escape I think. Of course Mike had to lower the tone by having to relieve himself. telling off You'd never see me doing that out in public. Whistling

Arriving at Scarborough the coffee bar we usually go to was under redevelopment and the owner was working on the roof. If you look in the back ground you can see some scaffolding well that his cafe bar. He waved at us and I shouted put the kettle on and he did. We had a chat with him for 20 mins whilst drinking our free teas and heíll be opening officially on the 4th of July. They do a lovely Latte there.

Leaving Scarborough and we both split up halfway to carry on home on our different routes.

It was nice to get out for a longer ride and the last time I went out I was having problems with my left wrist (clutch lever) and I was thinking Carpel Tunnel. I normally take two pain killers before I set off out but I forgot, but this time I didnít and I had no trouble at all.

A few photos for you.
Teego
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
More Rabbit Than Sainsbury's
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good day out. Bonding time for old men.
I got the 66666 pic on my Benz last year.
Good job RR only needed a slash while wearing his Megabux one-piece.
And I speak from experience. Late 2017 running down to the south of France I acquired an unholy 5 dump a day gut rot.
Lucky 2 piece leathers. Pull up at the next bar, order coffee on the run through, head for the WC, often unisex, make it just in time. PAAARRRRPP.
Back to the bar with sweat of relief.
Grand Cognac avec le cafe SVP, Gaston.
Phhheeeewwwwww.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teego wrote:
Sounds like a good day out. Bonding time for old men.
I got the 66666 pic on my Benz last year.
Good job RR only needed a slash while wearing his Megabux one-piece.
And I speak from experience. Late 2017 running down to the south of France I acquired an unholy 5 dump a day gut rot.
Lucky 2 piece leathers. Pull up at the next bar, order coffee on the run through, head for the WC, often unisex, make it just in time. PAAARRRRPP.
Back to the bar with sweat of relief.
Grand Cognac avec le cafe SVP, Gaston.
Phhheeeewwwwww.

Thanks......first smile I've had since lockdown!
&
Carpe Diem - seize the moment. Don't dream... Do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: