Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: A ride to the York's Dales again. Reply with quote

Setting off from my shack yesterday heading for Grassington up in the Yorkshire Dales. Bypassing York and Knaresborough and then called at Pateley Bridge to fill her up with fuel. From there itís Greenhow Hill, Hebden and then Grassington for me to fuel up with lunch.

From Grassington its on to Threshfield, Conistone, Kettlewell, Starbotton, Buckden, Cray, Kidstones, Bishop Dale, West Burton, Swinithwaite, West Witton, Wensley and then Leyburn.

From Leyburn down the A6108 (lovely road this) to Middleham, East Witton, Jervaulx, Masham, Low Burton, Binsoe, West Tanfield, North Stainley then on to Ripon for a toilet break. (Pee stop)

From Ripon on the A6265 Bridge Hewick, Kirby Hill, Boroughbridge at Green Hammerton take a left then a right onto the A1237 heading for the York ring road A64. Come off the A64 for Fulford A19 take a left at the roundabout and then another left on to the B1222 heading for the Sherburn Milk bar. Passing through Naburn take a left at Stillingfleet carry on through Cawood on to Sherburn. (Newthorpe)

I donít know why Iíve written all this out?? If you want to Google Earth this trip feel free. retard laugh

I love it up in the Yorkshire Dales and like Iíve said many times before the scenery is out of this world. The photo with the view and the bike is my favourite spot I always stop here for a leg stretch itís so quiet and peaceful looking down into the valley. nod

My last port of call was going to be the Milkbar at Sherburn but I got a mile away from the cafť when I noticed car drivers coming the way were saying the road was blocked by an accident. I donít know if a motorbike was involved with it or not. cry baby . Iíve looked on the local news but thereís no mention of as yet, so I turned around and headed for home. 188 mile round trip and not an ache anywhere. big grin

I took some photos this time lads, so enjoy the views. thumbsup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: