Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Ride to Kirkby Lonsdale. Reply with quote

Set off from home yesterday (Tuesday) heading for York, Harrogate, Blubberhouse’s. Pit stop at the munch box caravan at Blubberhouse’s. Then on to Bolton- Bridge, Skipton, Gargrave, Ingleton and Kirkby Lonsdale. Saw another bike cop lurking in the shadows with a camera on a tripod. mad

After arriving at Kirkby Lonsdale and enjoying a nice ice cream. I went back to Ingleton and took the road to Hawes B6255. What a road that is. I think Oldskool will back me up on that? On the way to Hawes a couple of bikers came passed and on the back of one of the rider’s leathers it had the words “Dennis Trollope Racing” and he wasn’t hanging about either. big grin

From Hawes I headed for Bainbridge, Aysgarth, Leyburn, Middleham, East Witton, Masham and Low Burton A6108. After taking a left for Nosterfield on the B6267, another nice road to Thisk. A61. Leaving Thirsk on the A170 to Sutton-under-Whitestonecliffe, Hambleton, Sproxton, Hovingham, Malton and Norton B1257. Then home from here.

I left home at 10am. Mike was going to join me but he decided to stay at home in the garden and dead head his pansies instead. Lol. I got back home at 5.30p after 241 lovely miles. That’s been the best ride out so far this year. The weather was perfect for biking.

Some photos...

Last edited by nuggitt on Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Teego
Bandwidth Bandit
Bandwidth Bandit
Location: Move over. I'm coming through. Need more space for the AMG.
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,you've done more miles today than Stig did in the last couple of years. Good stuff. When I got my AMG I told the insurer I'd do 5000 miles a year. Already done 4000 in less than 4 months.
Distance is the drug.
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ride to Kirkby Lonsdale. Reply with quote

nuggitt wrote:
the road to Hawes B6255. What a road that is. I think Oldskool will back me up on that?

Certainly do John!

...and when the weather is as good as it was when you were there, even better.....but a shame there appears to have been an increase in "camera" activity.
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ride to Kirkby Lonsdale. Reply with quote

oldskoolexup wrote:
nuggitt wrote:
the road to Hawes B6255. What a road that is. I think Oldskool will back me up on that?

Certainly do John!

but a shame there appears to have been an increase in "camera" activity.

I know oldskool. When I have a camera in my hand I just can't help myself. laugh I bet you didn't spot that nice looking bird in the right hand corner of the photo. She was causing a right flap. laugh laugh
oldskoolexup
Motormouth
Motormouth
Location: THE place...some are born here, some drawn here...Manchester
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More concerned about tripod mounted cameras!
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well why didn't you say? laugh laugh raspberry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: