View previous topic :: View next topic  
patricma1
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Whats my bike worth? Reply with quote

Hi Guys its with great sadness that i'm thinking of selling my Bike had it from new in 1996 12k on the clock lots of mods. listed below i have all of the original parts as well if someone wanted to put it back to standard.
What do you think its worth? i have spent 1000's on it "dont tell my wife lol"
Mods
Renthal bars
Bar end mirrors
Top yoke conversion
R1 gold spot brake callipers
Hel braided brake lines
Hel braided clutch line
Corbin seats
Double bubble screen & modified faring
YZF750 Braced swinging Arm
K & N Filter
Stage 1 Dyno Jet
Akrapovic exhaust with stubby end can
Stainless steel radiator cover
LED indicators front & back
LED rear light
Full stainless steel bolt kit fitted
Tail tidy
Alarm Datatool Compact 2
R1 rear brake calliper conversion
Scott oiler
Bagster Tank Cover
Hagon rear shock
Hagon progressive fork springs
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat, It looks like a Thunderace 1000. I regularly seek them out on the net, because they are a wonderful bike for not much money. The 600`s command even less, though I dont watch for them really.
You have spent a lot of money, sadly there is very little chance you will recoup anything near your outlay. In fact the only items I would covet are the springs, shock and hoses.
Everything else is Your touches on Your bike. They only show a good and careful owner.
The rest just helps to find a buyer, no real monetary gains and some are drawbacks for a new prospective owner.
Dealers advertise nice standard examples for 2k plus and very rarely sell them. Private sellers from 1500 to 1900 again they are lucky to sell them.
Auction I have seen them from 750 rough to 1150 nice.
There is one on ebay at present 17000 miles 1490 and unsold, it was 1690 and remained unsold for too long, so the dealer dropped the price. I would guess he got it for a grand or less. Though it had been Cat C at some point, its only drawback.
Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear and I reluctantly have to say your missus was correct this time. If you truly need it sold then from 1100 to 1400 if you`re lucky. Regards OGRI,
patricma1
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I did try and post a picture but it failed, yes its a Thunderace, i love it, don't really want to part with it. i cant ride it due to health problems, I'm not going to let it go for nothing!! i would sooner have it in the garage waiting for the day when it may be worth something!!
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I like them too and they are sooo much bike for their money.
The only reason I watch them is because I want to take one to Spain.
If it were to die there, then I would just leave it and walk away if needs be.
I planned on doing this with my Exup, but it is too lovely to leave.
Having toured Spain on my Ducati, thats what the Exup was for ha ha.
Its possible that I will end up with a garage full of superbikes waiting for the ferry to Santander lol.
Well if I were you, looking to the future. Put it back to OEM because thats what most buyers of old bikes want. Sell the aftermarket parts on ebay if you can and make a little bit of cash. Without being rude, the tailtidy, led tail lights are highly undesireable, they are an mot liability. Rentals and even the stubby can are a big no no for me and having had an expensive alarm on a Jaguar that drains the battery, goes off at 3am in the morning, really upsetting the neighbours and once triggered would not shut up or shut off, I would not want it ever again. An Almax chain/lock is very safe and extra off the insurance premium.
The Thunderace however may never be a collectable, but its still a great bike, looks beautiful and wont break the bank, even if kept in mothballs. OGRI.
Teego
Bandwidth Bandit
Bandwidth Bandit
Location: Move over. I'm coming through. Need more space for the AMG.
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, the best thing you can do is put it back to standard yourself. Sensible buyers like standard stuff and will probably pay a tad more. Then you can sell your bling on the bay and pull in a few quid more.
Bikes or cars, I've always bought in stock condition, added aftermarket parts to my taste and returned them to stock to sell.
GLWS
patricma1
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i will end up with a garage full of bikes as well, wife has an RD125lc not been used for 10 years my ace, and i have just bought a Ducati X Diavel S.
That's not a bad idea putting it back to standard, i may just do that.
OGRI
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats it, you hit the nail on the head. SELL THE WIFES BIKE eek Even better sell it and dont tell her. Just wait till she goes into the garage and finds out on her own ha ha lol. Oohhh we`re going to have sooo much fun Pat.
The Diavel X is about my favourite bike, though I also like the Diavel Carbon probably just as much. Big bucks though, you have my deepest and sincerest envy. Put some pics up if you sort your pc out. OGRI.
patricma1
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its crazy my wife's RD125LC is worth mor than the Ace!, Don't get the X Diavel S until next Saturday will try and post a pic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Lounge Bar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: