View previous topic :: View next topic  
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Show me your streetfighter front ends Reply with quote

Can I see some pics of peopleís streetfighter set ups, I am looking to do a bar conversion which will mean changing the front end, I am specifically looking at a headlight set up that will allow me to keep the standard clocks if anyone knows of a nice cheap set up.
Jay762
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seem to remember something about trx850 top yoke being straight swap on an R model and having holes already in for a bar conversion - but that was a thread on the other site which has since gone offline
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trx850 yoke is straight swop for genesis models, there are two types one with holes and one with built in risers the one with holes is definite fit later one should too
if yours is an exup then no need to change the yoke as it has two convenient holes where the clip ons bolt to
whatever you do you'll have to make a bracket for the clocks and headlights are a matter of taste ,loads of options out there
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I need to come up with a plan for this rather than just rush in and mess things up.
How easy is it to remove the top yoke as I guess it all has to come apart to remove the original bars. Mine is an 89 exup so should have the holes under the carbon top plate that I currently have fitted or would I be better off buying a used top yoke so that I can get risers and bars bolted to it before attempting to remove the old set up.
Brackets and things for clocks and headlight shouldnít be a big deal as I have a decent engineer at work who could knock me something up Iím sure.
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a centre yoke nut and a bolt which tightens up on the fork undo all of these and knock it up gently and it will just come off
in the exup yoke the two bolts which hold the clip-ons on can then be used to mount your chosen single bolt risers ,I found on mine I had to run a drill through as it was a little tight because in the hole is a rubber grommet and it was stopping me getting the riser bolt though ,only the grommet not the yoke
its all fairly basic work but think about what type of headlight/mounts your going to use so as some would require you to take off the yoke to fit them, so worth doing the job once only ,I speak from experience laugh
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent thank you. Do I need to have the front end supported when removing the top yoke or can the bottom yoke support the weight.
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thatís a pair of universal single bolt risers and a set of braced handlebars ordered for the grand sum of £30.
Now all being well my braided hoses that are already fitted will be long enough to reach the new bars, then I can get a bracket made up to hold the original headlights in place for now and I should have a much comfier ride for a measly £30.
Letís be honest though, something is bound to go wrong.
krazyneil
Chief Mechanic
Chief Mechanic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jas328sport wrote:
Excellent thank you. Do I need to have the front end supported when removing the top yoke or can the bottom yoke support the weight.

youll be fine taking off the top toke
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krazyneil wrote:
jas328sport wrote:

youll be fine taking off the top toke

Thanks, so at least fitting the risers and bars should be a piece of cake
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here she is all ready for the mot on Friday.
jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jas328sport
Spanner Monkey
Spanner Monkey
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had fitted bar risers years ago as it is absolutely lovely to ride now, I have used it more this weekend than I probably have in the last 10 years and no pain. It even feels like it handles better which is probably due to the fact that I feel in control and have no pins and needles in my hands and no wrist pain. The upright riding position is probably going to stop me from getting in too much trouble as well as it is so hard to hold on at silly speeds that legal speeds are easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Rogues Gallery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: