Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuggitt
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: a ride out yesterday. Reply with quote

As mentioned in stig's post in the lounge. I was out with Mike yesterday. We set off for Sherburn and it didn't feel as warm as we both thought. When we got there it wasn't as full as we thought it would be. We had an hour chewing the cud then we set off for Seaways via a different a route. On arriving at the Seaways Café which was also quiet in bike numbers. Got talking to a lad on a triumph Daytona and he told me that the Hartside Cafe near Alston had burnt down recently. That peed me off a bit, because over the winter I had done a route map to go there sometime in June. Well that's buggered that long trip up. Oh well it looks like I'm going to revisit Tan Hill again. I've heard Tan Hill have changed hands again so I'm hoping the food will be better than last time. Yuk!

I must stress about the road surfaces we encountered yesterday. Some of the pot holes were down right dangerous. We saw one that was approx 18"x 10"x 3"deep. If we'd have it that one it would've be a disaster.

Sorry lads but no photos of Sherburn or Seaways this time.
Teego
Bandwidth Bandit
Bandwidth Bandit
Location: Move over. I'm coming through. Need more space for the AMG.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel gutted for you, John. Pot holes and all.
I've spent the last few days in the south of France, Jura mountains and Black Forest. In my CLS55 AMG not on bike. But Mein Gott, the tracks - sorry, roads. Route Napoleon, B500 SchwarzwalderHochStrasse, etc etc. They seem to go on forever. Great very fast open sweepers with amazing sightlines and straightlining. Then 2nd gear 180' hairpins ESP lights flashing on the exit. Zig Zag up and down mountains. Great road surfaces. Horrendous fuel consumption and tyre wear.
Sunday roads in the Black Forest were full of Swiss bikers. One told me that they come and play in Germany as they are just jailbait in Switzerland. Interesting observation: very few fully faired supersports out there. Mainly new(ish) supernakeds like Tuonos and MT10s. Bloody fast guys though.
nuggitt
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like heaven. I wish we had decent roads out here. It makes you wonder if some of our EU money goes on keeping their roads in tip top condition. I'd better stop now and get off my soap box. laugh laugh
Teego
Bandwidth Bandit
Bandwidth Bandit
Location: Move over. I'm coming through. Need more space for the AMG.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some autobahn miles today. Although derestricted, it's hard to get over 130mph because of traffic and often you have to haul it down to 60. Over the next couple of days I really want to find out if the AMG has Merc's 155mph limiter or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Meets & Rideouts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: