View previous topic :: View next topic  
jas328sport
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Cut down top fairing for bar clearance Reply with quote

Has anyone done this and got any pics as I am considering going down this route in order to give me the clearance after fitting bar risers, I did have my heart set on a streetfighter front end but thoughts of wiring and the cost of new lights and a different clock set up have made me consider taking the quicker route of butchering the top fairing.. I do already have a crack in the fairing from where I dropped it a couple of years ago which could be cut out if I did it but unsure of how to do it without making a hash of it.
Graham Crayon
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would do my best to repair the crack. Top fairings seem to be a bit scarce so be a shame to butcher one for the sake of a crack.
I just bought a RU as a donor for the engine which was originally advertised with all panels. Top fairing was trimmed to clear straight bars. It just looks a bit rough to me.
jas328sport
Ear-Plug Cleaner
Ear-Plug Cleaner
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean and tbh I would much rather change the headlights and clocks and keep the bodywork safe somewhere.
If I were to buy a used headlight and clock loom does anyone know anywhere that I could send it to get a digital clock set up made up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Rogues Gallery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: