Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Reviewed & Recommended
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stig
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: brake piston puller set Reply with quote

Had a stuck piston in a FZR rear caliper and no matter what air pressure I applied it wouldnt budge. I tried hydraulic pressure but couldnt get a lever pressure so looked at alternatives

A few months ago I saw a draper set advertized in one of the bike mags but it was around 90...too much for the removal of a singular piston

Bit of shopping around produced a cheaper version so i invested

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371066520678

Sadly when it arrived the largest adapter was still way too small for the exup piston but the kit looks to be made by Neilsen..a budget tool supplier

I decided to make a custom adapter large enough for the exup piston and then used the other parts of the kit with it...
Item soon removed without any damage

So if you're after a similar item for smaller applications up to 30mm i'd highly recommend one of these kits nod thumbsup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Exup1000.co.uk Forum Index -> Reviewed & Recommended All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: